Duck noise help

Do you know if there is anything I can do about this? I havent seen any news about the UK releasing avian flu lockdown yet and this could be going on for months! Ive tried with extra acrivities with them and enrichment but they dont stop standing at the gate for most of the day just quacking x
I myself haven’t had that issue yet but things that keep my ducks busy are sprinklers , I cut up water Mellon in quarters and give it to them
Cooked corn on the cob
They will play around trying yo get it all off
@DuckyDonna has runners and thry are in a covered pen for predator protection. Maybe she has some tips

I just read the Avian 'flu rules for England

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/bird-flu-avian-influenza-latest-situation-in-england

Do I understand that your ducks are housed inside their coop and covered run? AND they are shouting about going outside into the garden which they cannot do to prevent contact with wild birds?

How many ducks do you have? How big is the inside area that they have to roam in? Is there any possibility of it being enlarged?

Your neighbours maynot be as disturbed by the ducks' noise as you are -- you are focusing on the noise becuase you are anxious about it. Your neighbours maybe tuning it out or may like the sound of ducks.

I would talk with your neighbours and tell them about the avian flu restrictions impacting your ducks . I would not make mention of the ducks disturbing your neighbours as that might be planting a new idea. But let your neighbours know that your ducks really want to get out into the garden and are frustrated by the restrictions.

Also, if your ducks are laying, giving 6 eggs is often a welcome present for a neighbour to get them invested in your flock

Good luck with them!

I found this forum because I have one Peking duck that is noisy as ever. So I feel your pain…I don’t have a solution, but I have a question to see if there is a medical procedure that could possibly help. With my human to duck relationship, my quacker hates when I leave her and freaks out…never heard of such a thing. Hours of quack quack and presses against my sliding glass door with her body looking for me in the house. Funny….but not to the neighbors. Big coop, big run, big outdoor water area…lots of food and a quiet mallard to play with and other chickens. But this Peking duck is crazy attached. I’ve looked for every remedy but nothing…..is there such a thing as Syrinx surgery to quiet down that quack? Just like decrowing a rooster…possibly dequacking a duck. I feel it’s terrible but…if she looses me due to a complaining neighbor she will be worse off…depressed ducks don’t make it sometimes. I’m thinking out of the box because I’ve tried a lot.
https://www.answers.com/Q/How_many_vocal_cords_do_Owls_have_in_their_right_eye

I found this forum because I have one Peking duck that is noisy as ever. So I feel your pain…I don’t have a solution, but I have a question to see if there is a medical procedure that could possibly help. With my human to duck relationship, my quacker hates when I leave her and freaks out…never heard of such a thing. Hours of quack quack and presses against my sliding glass door with her body looking for me in the house. Funny….but not to the neighbors. Big coop, big run, big outdoor water area…lots of food and a quiet mallard to play with and other chickens. But this Peking duck is crazy attached. I’ve looked for every remedy but nothing…..is there such a thing as Syrinx surgery to quiet down that quack? Just like decrowing a rooster…possibly dequacking a duck. I feel it’s terrible but…if she looses me due to a complaining neighbor she will be worse off…depressed ducks don’t make it sometimes. I’m thinking out of the box because I’ve tried a lot.
https://www.answers.com/Q/How_many_vocal_cords_do_Owls_have_in_their_right_eye
That does sound terrible. Doesn't sound ethical to me
It sounds like your duck is lonely. And probably imprinted on you, as a baby? Chickens are not suitable companionship. Is the mallard yours? Or is he wild, coming and going?
She needs to be part of a flock

Back
Top Bottom