Duck Pond/pool pictures

we have a 8 ft 12 inch deep kiddie pool for our 15 ducks
we have 2 put them in it tho we havent decided how 2 put a ramp up yet
its not a hard plastic pool either so makes it harded to put something there
so if you have any ideas plz let me know
big_smile.png

I too made steps out of paver stones for my deeper "pond": I use a 12" deep rubber feeding bowl inside the pen as their pool for the winter. I put a thick paver stone inside that as well for my midget Pekin (who I suspect may be part call duck). It makes getting out easier for him too. But when any of them are determined to get in or out in a rush, they'll tumble any ol' which way.

LALADY, Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love the design, and since I'm a huge flower lover, I love the added touch of the plants and hanging baskets. Can you come convince my dh to build something for me that nice? LOL! Can you tell I'm jealous? On a serious note, job well done!!!

Great pics guys!
Chickensioux.. great idea... i'm gonna do that with my kiddie pools... it dresses them up!
thumbsup.gif

Here is our pond for our 2 ducks. Made out of 2 pallets, sawn lengthways and screwed together to make a frame. We put blocks in bottom covered in carpet tiles, black liner and filled with water. DH put a drain and pipe in bottom for easy emptying and refilling. When we had a plastic kiddie pool he made a wooden ramp with a leg at top which overhung the pool. ( see pics ).
Good Luck
51559_dscf2891.jpg

51559_dscf2700.jpg

Quote:
That is just a pleasure to look at! I notice it hasn't gotten very muddy/poopy. What's your secret?

Thank you!! My husband installed a drain and piped it underground. We drain, rinse and re-fill it once or twice a week. It's really super simple....only takes about 20 minutes to do all of it.

Oh I'm so jelous!
we live in Northern CA and have simply NO water!
what will I do for my ducks? (just now looking for eggs for dear daughter!)
I can't dump and refill water even weekly! I buy 3500 gallons per week for $275 for our household and horses use... I can allow the duckies to have a small tub, but can't they use the water for longer? is there any use for it 'AFTER' that is safe?
can I water the garden with it? hmmmm, that might make my 'where to put the ducks' question answered... BY THE GARDEN???

Back
Top Bottom