Duck Pond/pool pictures

Pics

We use a pump to empty the pond once a week, we water the trees weekly anyway. So the pump has a long hose attached and I drag that around to water the trees. Then the rest is used to make mud puddles for my cuties to play in. The pump is easily cleaned and doesn't get too clogged up before the water is empty. Overall, easier than bailing and prettier than a kiddie pool.

2 ducks don't make too big of a mess I guess, the pond is emptied and refilled with clean water. Sometimes I scrub the algae off the sides... But it's a pond, and they are ducks... How clean do you want it?

So Our ducks free range when we are home of a day but they do a have a small pool in their pen(its the black rectangle) & I am looking for something a little bigger and considering a Kiddie pool (either way i plan to add a drain & raise it off the ground and deck or use landscaping stones around it)

We are also working on a small pond out from our side patio that they will have access to because i can already see right now with the just the rain that has partially filled it up that I will not be able to keep them out of it easily. ( ill add pictures later right it is the kinda peanut shaped pond that other people have used with a big mud hole around it )

Aside from that we have a 3 tiered waterfall in the back and while they will not have access to the big pond part because we plan to add Koi Fish and have netting over it they will have access to the rest of the water area.

Hopefully all of this will keep them happy and content ( ill be happy as long as they don't get in our above ground pool!) Speaking of that does anyone know if they do happen to get in our pool or drink some of the chlorinated water if it will hurt them

So Our ducks free range when we are home of a day but they do a have a small pool in their pen(its the black rectangle) & I am looking for something a little bigger and considering a Kiddie pool (either way i plan to add a drain & raise it off the ground and deck or use landscaping stones around it)

We are also working on a small pond out from our side patio that they will have access to because i can already see right now with the just the rain that has partially filled it up that I will not be able to keep them out of it easily. ( ill add pictures later right it is the kinda peanut shaped pond that other people have used with a big mud hole around it )

Aside from that we have a 3 tiered waterfall in the back and while they will not have access to the big pond part because we plan to add Koi Fish and have netting over it they will have access to the rest of the water area.

Hopefully all of this will keep them happy and content ( ill be happy as long as they don't get in our above ground pool!) Speaking of that does anyone know if they do happen to get in our pool or drink some of the chlorinated water if it will hurt them
diarrhea is what I dealt with.

I have a question for anyone in the colder Northern states. Has anyone tried to put in a pond with one of the Firestone rubber liners? If so how did it hold up and how easy was it to install? I am considering a 20' x 25' liner which is supposed to give a 14' x 19' with 30" depth.

I built a pond using a 45mil rubber pond liner same size was very easy to do dig a hole lay liner in the and fill. Just need a few people to help pull and fold the liner as it filles to keep it smoothed out.
My pond held up to my Great Dane and mastiff taking the occasional swim despite all my efforts to keep them out. I had it three years before I moved out and know another guy that has had his pond 15 years.

Last edited:
I built a pond using a 45mil rubber pond liner same size was very easy to do dig a hole lay liner in the and fill. Just need a few people to help pull and fold the liner as it filles to keep it smoothed out.
My pond held up to my Great Dane and mastiff taking the occasional swim despite all my efforts to keep them out. I had it three years before I moved out and know another guy that has had his pond 15 years.
Cold weather states? Firestone told me the only thing they have had problems with are bear and deer walking on their liners. I'm just concerned about it holding up to the freezing and frost heaving in the ground. Water rich, rocky ground can really cause all kinds of trouble in the Winter and Spring and I was just wondering if anyone else had these issues to deal with. I have a really hard sell ahead of me for this liner. I need to have all the answers before the questions are even thought of, lol!

They have apparently taken a liking to their floating house and are sleeping there at night - safe, I hope, from owls, coons, foxes and such, given the protection of the water.

Back
Top Bottom