Duck Pond/pool pictures

Pics
I noticed some ponds had plastic sheeting in them to hold the water, a lot like giant tarps. What is that, were can you get it, and how much does it cost? Thanks!

Oh, and can you use old duck water for gardens or does it burn the plants?
It's called pond liner. You can get it at most hardware stores. It is expensive. I price checked it at $209 for a larger sheet.

Here is my high tech setup.

34762_1349404660625_1396616701_30801076_8079631_n.jpg

LOL. Or not.

I love the setting! they have their own decked pool!

I noticed some ponds had plastic sheeting in them to hold the water, a lot like giant tarps. What is that, were can you get it, and how much does it cost? Thanks!

Oh, and can you use old duck water for gardens or does it burn the plants?

Do a google search for "pond liner". I bought mine from pondliner.com.

Love seeing everyone's ponds!
Thought I'd share ours, we live in the city with a small yard, shared by 3 ducks, two small children and 1 cat.
Here is the ducks' daytime run where they stay if we are not outside with them, notice their "pond" in the very back:

A close up of their bath tub "pond"

I love the bathtub because it it deep enough for them to dive, notice Shadow, our black, with her tail in the air. Also I think the larger volume of water, along with the ramp help keep it cleaner longer than the little turtle pool we use when they are loose in the yard. Of course they still get it filthy with their poo, but they don't track much mud in, so it can stay clean for about a week before I empty it. I hope to eventually get it hooked up to a hose so I can water our whole yard with the duck water, for now there is a small trench dug from the drain pipe around a rose bush and ending up between two fruit trees, our Lime tree has never been happier!

This isnt the homemade pond but this is their main pond down the back and they would have more time in it if it wasnt for our kill joy neighbors.

This is their pool that i got for them which is a large kiddie pool and i made a ramp for them and laid shingles on it so no one slips and breaks anything. (dont mind the brown water they got to it before i got the camera and the brown chunks is dog foot i gave them as treats)

This is Schmide and Midge's pool (call ducks) and its a small kiddie pool with a ramp also with shingles on it but not fuloly for non slip reasons with out the shingles they couldnt step onto the wood because of their short legs and the shingles bend allowing a slope for them. and once again dont mind the dirty water :)

This is a picture of our pond, but boy - we are having a hard time keeping it clean! I'm having to bail and refill every weekend - it's about 100 gallons. Even though we originally had it surrounded just by rocks, they drag in every plant scrap they can find into the pond. Algea has started taking over as well. In the three months that we've had it, we've burned through two filter motors. Since it's smaller, the ducks knock around the box filter on the bottom and kick it around everytime they dive. We are thinking of getting a filter that goes on the outside of the pond like this (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...3&langId=-1&keyword=pond+filter&storeId=10051) and get a bigger motor like this one: (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...053&langId=-1&keyword=pond+pump&storeId=10051) - we were originally getting the cheaper $40 ones, but apparently they can't handle the larger chucks of crud in the water. Anyone have any luck with this type of setup?

We also looked at this one and wondered if anyone had any thoughts; (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25e...3&langId=-1&keyword=pond+filter&storeId=10051)

Back
Top Bottom