Duck prolapse

With my one duck who had aspergillosis she got a small prolapse I couldn’t get back in
My local vet did a stitch and it worked
It’s never come back out over a year now
As for angel wing you can wrap it to stop it while the wing grows
One goose has it and my vet wrapped her. 4 days of the wrap and she was fixed
My khaki drake on the other hand wouldn’t keep wraps on and lives with one wing that sticks out
I have heard others cut a sock and use it like a shirt. This is something I wish I had tried with my boy
What kind of feed is she on
Do you provide oyster shells on the side ?
If she Isn’t eating that’s a sign she is in pain
Do you have Medicam at home ? If not could you get some from your vet ?

This morning I checked on her and couldn’t find anything!! She has since gone back out to the flock where she can eat etc to her heart’s desires. I’m not sure if she’ll lay her daily egg or not, but will check her often.
Other than love and prayer I’m not sure what “worked”.
She also would not tolerate wraps or tape on her wing, all that it did was one wing that sticks out a bit. It doesn’t affect her at all and she can do her jump-fly when I’m fixing to open their stall like my other ducks.

Attachments

• IMG_7031.jpeg
    IMG_7031.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 1
This morning I checked on her and couldn’t find anything!! She has since gone back out to the flock where she can eat etc to her heart’s desires. I’m not sure if she’ll lay her daily egg or not, but will check her often.
Other than love and prayer I’m not sure what “worked”.
She also would not tolerate wraps or tape on her wing, all that it did was one wing that sticks out a bit. It doesn’t affect her at all and she can do her jump-fly when I’m fixing to open their stall like my other ducks.
That’s how my peep is too
His wing doesn’t affect his daily life. He is faster on his feet than any of my other birds
Other then it looking silly he does just fine
He is 2.5 years old

Checked on her before putting her away for the night. No prolapse but she did lay an egg in the nest. It seems normal, no blood.

Back
Top Bottom