duck toe wound wont heal, infected?

jtodek

Songster
7 Years
Mar 22, 2016
oxford, MI
Good Morning from Michigan!
I have a peking duck and all summer shes been limbing. we thought it was her lega cauae they are known for having weak legs but upon further infestigation we saw her toe had been puffy. We left it for a while hoping it would heal but it hasnt. I hate seeing her limp and since shes my males favorites we’ve been keeping her seperate but with winter coming it might be hard. Is there something i can dip her foot in to help speed up healing. Does anyone know whats the ailment?

Thanks in advanced,
*Jamie from the Lone Oak Farm!
912A45BE-12F4-4E19-9F5A-CD11A88D1360.jpeg

It doesn't look lime bumble foot to me but at one point in time, especially after swimming in the pond for a while, the flesh around the toe gets really pale and extra puffy. There could have possibly been a wound there but nothing I have noticed. She's been staying in her pen more as well where it isn't moist and still no improvement

Almost looks like an infected nail bed on both feet... but hard to tell. I see she likes to break her nails off just like my girl too. Lol. Pictures of the bottom of her feet and maybe a couple closer shots of her swollen toe (and the other foot to compare) may be helpful. :)

Back
Top Bottom