Duck Videos Thread!

By the way... I have to laugh when people say their ducks can't climb the little ramps into their house... Ducks don't want to go in their house, of course the ramp is too hard. Put a pool at the end of a big steep ramp and see how competent the ducks become at ramp climbing.
gig.gif

Just thought I'd give this thread a little kick start since there were no posts last year :idunno

It hit 29 degrees this afternoon... This is what 29 degrees means to a duck after several sub zero days:
:D

Just girls being girls. It's only natural. They will love having a drake he will look after them along with mating them. But I believe I'd get more females.

Yeah that't the plan. We rigourlously smalled the flock and going way more proffesional now. We are getting some 200 dollars high-standard ducks from other countries this spring. But untill then these two have to do (heehee) with each other. 1 drake and 4 females is this years planning. 3 actually because the grey one is not allowed to breed..and hopefully next year two groups.

Thanks for posting the video, AimToMisbehave!

Here's my next one. This is the first time Lilac's three cute fluffballs got in water. Lilac stretches her wings while the ducklings nibble on grass seeds floating in the water.

0.jpg

They don't gorge anymore (except when it's dry and harder to find forage), now that they're free range. I only offer food once a day (or twice when it's dry) and sometimes they'll hardly touch it. They just find so much from foraging.

First time a duckling ventured to have a bath...
Back then, as a first-time duck owner, even little things seemed exciting!

0.jpg
I have had Muscovy for 11 yrs and still enjoy watching ducklings when they first discover water. They enjoy it so much. You make great videos.

Due to tech problems and procrastination, this video has been nearly a month in the making. The Cucumber Thieves first share their favorite treat, but then Moon gets selfish and runs off with it. But she keeps dropping it and losing it. When she finds it again, another duck has it. She grabs it again and drops it again. Later, Moon steals it from Apple, but then she drops it on her foot, and Creamy and Daphne find it before she does. But who wins in the end?

(In the shot you see below, Apple has the cucumber, and Moon is behind her, looking for an opportunity to take it back.)

0.jpg

Silly ducks.
smile.png

This is a how-to guide, to clipping a duck's wings, with diagrams, pictures, text, and videos.

I have a feeling, for whatever reason, that some of this information is wrong, so please tell me if you spot something wrong! I can't put my finger on it.

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom