Duck Videos Thread!

quackingdom

Crowing
8 Years
Jul 10, 2015
I love taking videos and pictures of my Muscovy ducks. Here are some videos of my flock...I hope they will bring a smile to your face (or even a laugh), and possibly even educate you. (Maybe my Assisting Duckling Hatch will be helpful to someone?)

The opening and closing scenes are on ALL my videos; they're kind of like my “trademark.”

I post a new video on YouTube about once a week. Every time I get I new video uploaded, I'll post it on this thread, so check back later!

Coming up soon are some more interesting videos than these starter ones. I have some that are really funny that aren't ready to upload yet. Eventually I will have some more informative ones, as well, such as one about various natural duck treats.

Video 1: Muscovy ducks Foraging

Short and not high quality, but can you see what a luxury these girls have? They only have to eat once a day; they forage so much.
smile.png

Their names are Lilac, Apple, and Gracie. (Lilac is the same duck as in my avatar.)

0.jpg

I hope you like it! Does anyone else have nice duck videos they can post?

~Hannah

I was supposed to go out with friends friday night, but they flaked at the last second...so I took a video of Wobs giving me kisses instead.

0.jpg

How is your water not frozen in the pipes? I went to Montana in the early 2000s in May and absolutely LOVED it. Couldn't go to the "over the sun road" because of snow but I think it was the most beautiful state I've ever been in. We did hike up to Avalance Lake? OMG that was incredible! Went from Yellowstone to Glacier Nat. Park and it was so awesome! I will never forget it!
That is a freeze proof faucet. It goes straight down below the frost line. The valve is actually down there. Then when the valve is closed, it opens up a drain and there is a large sandy area down there that the water from the pipe can flow back down into and soak back into the soil. So the water is only above the frost line while it is moving. In this case, the valve is about 8' down in the ground.

BTW if I leave a hose connected to it, the whole thing will freeze and crack.... Ask me how I know that.;)

Something like this... https://www.acehardware.com/departments/plumbing/valves/rough-faucets-and-hose-bibbs/4339958

Sometimes when I get the chance, I take an old comforter (poop shield) and lay down in the back yard. For the first couple minutes, several of the ducks will come over and peck me just to see if maybe I have some food stashed somewhere. When they realize I don't have any goodies for them, they go about their normal business. Last week I had 3/4 of the flock come over on their own and chill with me. I took this panoramic. Entie (left) is about a foot away from me and Kaine (far away right) is maybe 4 feet away.

It makes me feel good when they choose a spot near me to rest when they can go anywhere in the yard and they know I have no treats.

But this is the "Duck Videos Thread!", not the panoramic picture thread, so I do need to include a video
wink.png
. This will top my last video for boring, but if you can be happy with zero action and just sweetness, you might like it.

Wednesday, I flopped down on the comforter and after a little bit, Dove plopped down on the corner of the comforter next to me. Then a couple minutes later, Roxette came and plopped down in front of her... Right in front of me. If that wasn't trusting enough, she then dosed off. When this clip starts, she just noticed the phone and is trying to figure out if it poses a problem. She decides no and goes back to snoozing. She is going through a molt cycle, so the pretty blue feathers are new and the raggy brown ones still need to be molted.

0.jpg

YouTube did beat it up a bit, but the HD is still worthwhile.

Here is another old one, but it still makes me laugh. I sprayed Tevye in the face with a hose and he tried to eat up all the droplets
lol.png

0.jpg

My ducks greeting the morning as caught by surveillance cameras. They don't have audio, so nether does the video
wink.png

This was the first morning where there was a little snow on the ground and also on the steps good thing they don't have too far to fall. After roll call, they begin to plan their day. First order of business, determine if the kiddie pools have frozen over...

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom