Duck Videos Thread!

It's true! Only a couple of them are proper Runner bowling pin birbs! But I still love them... I live in western Washington, so if I put them inside whenever it rained, they'd never see the light of day :D Even the local chickens forage in the rain, though they have better sense than the ducks when it comes to hanging out under shelter.
LOL. Runner bowling pin birbs. I love it.

You're so right. They'd never get out if they avoided the rain. It's funny how carefree and nonchalant and busy they are with it all. It makes them so cute.

Last edited:
Heard somebody around here likes chubby ducks?
0.jpg

I don't even have to call them anymore... they just charge when they see me, in case I have treats
gig.gif
The whole yard is slowly draining after some flooding on Monday. You can see the platform we made them in the back of the pen in case they needed to escape the water; it only gets about 12-18" deep, but it's cold, and I didn't want them to be stuck out in it all night, and they wouldn't let us catch them to put them insides, fussy little punks! I waded out there a few times to check on them and bring them clean water and food, and they seemed to be enjoying the surprise swim day, but I'm still set on designing and building a raised house for them this spring. Now that they don't need the platform, that corner is fenced off AGAIN so I can try to regrow some ground cover!

LOL! Omg, I love how they look so betrayed when they learn you don't have treats for them, hehe!

I was supposed to go out with friends friday night, but they flaked at the last second...so I took a video of Wobs giving me kisses instead.

0.jpg

[Video]

Spent part of the day weeding, then crammed fistfulls of uprooted grass and dandelions between the blocks around the temporary duck pool. The Twins (Ezri and Impa, F&W) are super excited about the clumps of loose weeds, while the boys (Zuko and Azula, black) have a conference to figure out the new ramp. All in all, everyone seems pretty interested in the new setup! Once I got them to stop drilling in my nicely weeded flower garden, anyway...
1f627.png

Spent part of the day weeding, then crammed fistfulls of uprooted grass and dandelions between the blocks around the temporary duck pool. The Twins (Ezri and Impa, F&W) are super excited about the clumps of loose weeds, while the boys (Zuko and Azula, black) have a conference to figure out the new ramp. All in all, everyone seems pretty interested in the new setup! Once I got them to stop drilling in my nicely weeded flower garden, anyway...
1f627.png
They look like they are having a blast! I think they don't approve of swimming in a artificial pool, so they are digging out something more natural! This is a compilation of my Khaki Campbells, Runners, Buff orpington and mallards flying.
0.jpg

They look like they are having a blast! I think they don't approve of swimming in a artificial pool, so they are digging out something more natural! This is a compilation of my Khaki Campbells, Runners, Buff orpington and mallards flying.
Yeah, they've been working on the "in-ground pool" for a while.
1f613.png
At this point I might just dig out that hole the rest of the way and sink the pond-liner there. I always love to see your ducks fly! They're so graceful! Mine try all the time, but they're kind of chubby, and they usually don't bother to get a running start. They just hop, flap like crazy, and hope for the best! One of them, Mirage (the medium brown, possibly Mallard-colored one) might actually be successful one day, since she practices every day.

Back
Top Bottom