Duck Videos Thread!

Julie visits various places other ducks wouldn't dare to go. She is very special. It's so funny you share names. Julie Duck, or Julie Burd Duck, will stand on the hedge and forage so everyone can see her round body and orange webs which are apparently for standing on hedges too.
Teehee, I know. The Julies. She has webs and I have feets. That's our only difference. Oh, and we're both adventurous. I often times go out into the wilderness alone just to get away. Julie gets on hedges and other whatnots. She is unique and special and 1st thing I notice about her ALWAYS is her roundness of chunk and bright webs. Why do I focus on that? Most mainstream nonduck people are very oblivious. Not us.

Some of you may remember me telling you about our crazy duck, Noir, who shot an egg out the front while in the house. It even prompted me to use this for an avatar for a while:

Well this evening someone laid an egg while I was taking care of the ducks water. I went to the security cams and this is what I got. She doesn't quite shoot it out the front like she did for us, but you can see that she definitely leans that way... Silly duck!

Quality isn't great, it is just a little chunk cropped out of the security cam footage and blown up so it is more comfortable to watch. (Not that Noir looks that comfortable).

0.jpg

Some of you may remember me telling you about our crazy duck, Noir, who shot an egg out the front while in the house. It even prompted me to use this for an avatar for a while:

Well this evening someone laid an egg while I was taking care of the ducks water. I went to the security cams and this is what I got. She doesn't quite shoot it out the front like she did for us, but you can see that she definitely leans that way... Silly duck!

Quality isn't great, it is just a little chunk cropped out of the security cam footage and blown up so it is more comfortable to watch. (Not that Noir looks that comfortable).

0.jpg
Poor thing made me think of a Penguin for a minute. Boy was she a happy duck when it came out took off like she'd been shot. lol

Poor thing made me think of a Penguin for a minute. Boy was she a happy duck when it came out took off like she'd been shot. lol
That's just the "normal" runner gate.
big_smile.png
You would think she would lie down and relax to lay an egg, but for some reason, she wants it to come out in front of her. (At least this time and the time she was in the house.) I don't often catch any ducks at the exact moment of lay, and this is only the second time I've caught Noir. But 2 for 2, I am guessing this is her "normal" way. She might be a little dim. She is the only duck I have that I haven't ever seen use the feeder on her own... She eats fine, she gets some whenever another duck has the feeder open, but if she was the only duck she would probably starve. I plan on putting her through feeder training again with the ducklings when they are old enough to go outside for the day.
roll.png

That's just the "normal" runner gate.
big_smile.png
You would think she would lie down and relax to lay an egg, but for some reason, she wants it to come out in front of her. (At least this time and the time she was in the house.) I don't often catch any ducks at the exact moment of lay, and this is only the second time I've caught Noir. But 2 for 2, I am guessing this is her "normal" way. She might be a little dim. She is the only duck I have that I haven't ever seen use the feeder on her own... She eats fine, she gets some whenever another duck has the feeder open, but if she was the only duck she would probably starve. I plan on putting her through feeder training again with the ducklings when they are old enough to go outside for the day.
roll.png
She sounds like she needs a little help. She's adorable too.

0.jpg
She walks so funny before she lays it! It looked like it was definitely a relief to get it out!
big_smile.png

I have some dim (or almost burn out) bulbs in my flock too.
smile.png
I wonder if that is how she always lays?
Me too! I have only seen her once first hand. We had her in the house and were socializing her on a blanket on the floor and she started leaning back past vertical. We thought she was having a seizure or a stroke and then she opened up and her egg shot out frontwards!!! Then I caught this on the security cam. So as far as I know, she is 2 out of 2. I have seen her in a nest before and she has gotten up and there was an egg under her, but I don't know that she didn't stand up and shoot it out forward into the nest. I guess I will have to watch her more closely...

Me too! I have only seen her once first hand. We had her in the house and were socializing her on a blanket on the floor and she started leaning back past vertical. We thought she was having a seizure or a stroke and then she opened up and her egg shot out frontwards!!! Then I caught this on the security cam. So as far as I know, she is 2 out of 2. I have seen her in a nest before and she has gotten up and there was an egg under her, but I don't know that she didn't stand up and shoot it out forward into the nest. I guess I will have to watch her more closely...
Sounds like a uncomfortable way to lay! I haven't seen any of my ducks lay yet, so who knows how they do it!

Back
Top Bottom