Duck with Bumblefoot (Warning Viewer Discretion Is Advised)

Yup, SO MANY PREDATORS! Raccoons only come around at night, so as long as you lock them up at night, you wouldn't really have to worry about them. Hawks would probably be the main predator. I think ducks and chickens are fine staying in the same coop together as long as the drakes/roos have plenty of girls. I have 1 roo for 4 hens, and 3 drakes for 8 girls.
smile.png

Yeah. The door to the chicken house is a slider so I'm gonna get like a door stopper so that if a raccoon gets in the run it probably won't make it in the coop. I have 1 drake and two hens, and I have four pullets and two silkies that were straight run so I don't know if I have a rooster. If I don't have a roo though I want to get one.

​Yeah. The door to the chicken house is a slider so I'm gonna get like a door stopper so that if a raccoon gets in the run it probably won't make it in the coop. I have 1 drake and two hens, and I have four pullets and two silkies that were straight run so I don't know if I have a rooster. If I don't have a roo though I want to get one.

Sounds good. Have you tried vent sexing to see which are hens, and which are roos? My Rudy was crowing at 4 weeks! He's silkie mixed with something else.
1f633.png

This guy:

Sounds good. Have you tried vent sexing to see which are hens, and which are roos? My Rudy was crowing at 4 weeks! He's silkie mixed with something else.
1f633.png

This guy:

No I haven't tried... I'm scared of hurting them, but I probably should because it's driving me crazy not knowing if I have a roo or not. He is so pretty! I love roosters.

Last edited:
​No I haven't tried... I'm scared of hurting them, but I probably should because it's driving me crazy not knowing if I have a roo or not. He is so pretty! I love roosters.

Just be very gentle and they'll be fine. I could tell mine was a rooster when he was 2 days old, because he was bigger, dominate, louder, his tail was feathers, the girls had fuzz tails, and he started getting his comb a few days after that. :)

This is their pool. They make such a mess in the water I completely cleaned it at lunch. Haha

And this is their house. I made it. I'm thinking I'm gonna paint it soon.

Eggs of the day.

A net really helps. When did yours start laying? I think I got an egg earlier because I've been giving them egg laying pellets along with their food. I like your duck house, how did you make it? :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom