Duck with Bumblefoot (Warning Viewer Discretion Is Advised)

Yay!!!! :D

I have some pretty exciting news too! Our neighbor gave us 14 day old baby keets yesterday!!! :celebrate They're so adorable! I've been taking care of a little one that hobbles around on one foot. Still trying to figure out what's wrong. Been giving her extra vitamins and her feet look normal to me. :/

2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png

That's great!
They are just so cute.

1f60a.png

Can't wait to see some pics of your lil' duckies! :)

Don't worry, I will. Just wait and see. ;) I haven't really talked about too much, so they don't say no right away.

It's sooo hot out here!!! I nearly died out there when I was taking care of the flock! :p

Haha.

The weather up here is pretty nice, not too hot. Hopefully yours gets better.

If only I could figure out how to train them to come when called.

I just noticed the chickens! :lol: They're so cute. :)

I trained mine to come by calling out "chickens" or "duckies" in the the same toon while I have the feeder. They come runin when I call them. I have them trained to go in at night too. :)

This is at the vet. The doctor showed me a fancy way to rap his foot and it involves going in between his toes:
I couldn't make it through all 80+ pages to see if this has already been answered but how did you wrap his foot???
Hi! :frow Sorry about that, most of it's just me and Sophia chatting. :p I cut a piece of a sterile antibacterial pad and put it on the wound, then I just rapped it with gauze starting at the ankle, then went in between one of the toes and back around the ankle, then the other toe, then straight around the foot pad and repeat until you feel it's cushioned enough. Make sure it's mostly padded where the wound is. Then you use vet rap or the stuff for humans that's used for rapping wounds to secure the gauze. I cut the strips so they would fit in between the toes, then rapped it the same as the gauze but not using as much of it. Then you use duct tap to water proof, and just rap it the same. You don't want it to be too tight, just rap it lightly so that the duck can still walk with it's foot pad flat. The bandage needs to be replaced every 2-3 days, and the duck would need to be confined until everything's healed up. Oh and no swimming while the bandage is on. Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom