Duck with prolapsed vent

I think it just looks like a nail, but it's the hay underneath.

I feel so badly for this poor duckie. I hope she gets relief soon.
Yes keep moist by covering it with damp clean cloths. No do not let the air out. Also dont try and remove the nail. This needs a vet
I've been putting lube on it to keep it moist. I'm not sure but it may have ruptured or something. It's not inflating with air like it was. It's a lot smaller than it has been. I'm still trying to find a vet for her. I think I may have found one but have to wait till tomorrow when they open.

I've been putting lube on it to keep it moist. I'm not sure but it may have ruptured or something. It's not inflating with air like it was. It's a lot smaller than it has been. I'm still trying to find a vet for her. I think I may have found one but have to wait till tomorrow when they open.
Please let us know what your vet says. I've never seen this before. I sure hope it's less serious than it looks.

I'm worried she might also be egg bound. I do not want to touch it or move her more than I have to. She still seems to be pooping I'm not 100% sure though. I've offered her some greens and a few small pieces of tomato. Something I read said you shouldn't offer them regular layer feed to give them greens instead. She's not really interested in the food though, she's still drinking but not as much as she usually would. I'm not going to soak her in the water anymore now that all of the dirt is no longer stuck to it. But I will keep putting the stuff on it to keep it moist. I'll add a updated picture of her soon.

Thank you everyone for your help! Unfortunately she didn't make it to see the vet she passed in the night. I brought her sister in to see her for a little bit yesterday it seemed to calm her some. I just wish I could of done more for her or of made her more comfortable. She was a good duck, she didn't deserve this. I hate that I'll never see her playing in mud puddles again with her little mud covered face. I'll never hear her little happy quack when I fill her pool with water. She would dart around splashing water all over the place. I loved her little waddle watching her run all over the yard. Even though I never wanted ducks after I rescued them I fell in love. How could you not though. I wish she could of lived longer.:hit

Thank you everyone for your help! Unfortunately she didn't make it to see the vet she passed in the night. I brought her sister in to see her for a little bit yesterday it seemed to calm her some. I just wish I could of done more for her or of made her more comfortable. She was a good duck, she didn't deserve this. I hate that I'll never see her playing in mud puddles again with her little mud covered face. I'll never hear her little happy quack when I fill her pool with water. She would dart around splashing water all over the place. I loved her little waddle watching her run all over the yard. Even though I never wanted ducks after I rescued them I fell in love. How could you not though. I wish she could of lived longer.:hit
Im so sorry for your loss

Back
Top Bottom