Duckling Brooders in the house: Show me your best set ups

This year i had 15 ducklings in a kiddie pool brooder in my home office for about two weeks before they needed more space. I had a Momma Heat Cave instead of a heat lamp and experimented with different setups for the waterer to prevent big messes. This was the initial setup before the 'lings arrived:
full

Feel free to look into my Spring Ducklings Album, there are a lot of pictures and there is also the discussion thread.
From the home-office kiddie-pool brooder they went into the garage cardboard and tarp brooder:
full

55881992_270912047170974_4793336343042195456_n.jpg

Right now I only have 3 ducklings. They are 17 days old today.
I have two plastic bins that I connected together. One side has water and the other side had food.
I put a towel between the two that they rub on as they pass over. The water side was just cleaned yesterday and already needs to be cleaned again today. The dry side has not been cleaned yet.

55881992_270912047170974_4793336343042195456_n.jpg

Right now I only have 3 ducklings. They are 17 days old today.
I have two plastic bins that I connected together. One side has water and the other side had food.
I put a towel between the two that they rub on as they pass over. The water side was just cleaned yesterday and already needs to be cleaned again today. The dry side has not been cleaned yet.
Cool setup! - How did you connect those two bins?

It´s a rabbit-guneapig cage. Lower parts have extra wire in it because otherwise they can get out when tiny. We cut a hole in the top to put a heating lamp in. Around the cage we have portable gates for when you want your rabbit on the lawn, so when they are bigger we can open the cage and they can use that extra space, because it can get crowdy after a few weeks :p Under it old plastic floor covering we can throw away after the season. We keep them in the kitchen so they get used to us and the cat, and other rooms sheds/garage are often too cold in this time of the year, and it is close to the garden where they can easy walk over to when the weather outside is warm enough for a few hours. Which we tend to do ASAP since the kitchen begins to smell quite a lot after a few weeks heehee.
e8826c45-175b-454e-94d0-9021dad3bc7a.JPG

I think next year I going to do Wannabehillbilly's setup with tarp though. It looks much easier to clean.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom