Duckling Hurt-Please Help

It’s a good thing to keep him separated, if he gets too weak, they would prob. kill him, glad to have someone taking such care of their baby.

Am I correct in thinking that the hip on the injured side is pushed out and raised up? I'm wondering if he dislocated it at the hip, somehow. I'm not sure that's correctable without a vet.

If you can find a vet, would you be able to take him? If yes, I would call around to your local clinics. Often if they don't see birds, they have a number on hand for a clinic that does. That is what we do at my clinic.

strangest thing.....
someone came over who used to take care of ducks. when i asked my daughter to bring out the hurt duck. when i looked at the one she brought out, i told her "no, i want the hurt one". turned out it was the hurt one. somehow he healed himself. I guess it was out of the socket, cuz its back in now. it must have popped back in while he was trying to walk around or something. I will still keep him separated in case of bullying. thank you for everyone's help.

strangest thing.....
someone came over who used to take care of ducks. when i asked my daughter to bring out the hurt duck. when i looked at the one she brought out, i told her "no, i want the hurt one". turned out it was the hurt one. somehow he healed himself. I guess it was out of the socket, cuz its back in now. it must have popped back in while he was trying to walk around or something. I will still keep him separated in case of bullying. thank you for everyone's help.
Wow, that is great news, so happy for you!

Yes that is great news! I’d get a new waterer. You can take a cool whip container or something similar and cut a hole in the lid that their heads will fit in but not their body place this on a cookie cooling rack over a pan and your brooder will stay drier and the waterer won’t fall over on them.

Back
Top Bottom