Help with Duckling ID, Please.

1DuckMore

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2024
I got this duckling from Tractor Supply yesterday to be a companion for my sole surviving duckling, an Ancona, from my first incubating efforts. I am delighted to have another one, and they are already very attached to one another.

My TSC duckling was labeled a Pekin - which I thought were always that yellowish gold as ducklings and I cannot find anything on-line saying otherwise. I do remember seeing ducklings with those stripesover the eyes, but don’t remember what it was.

My little duckling was crying all night until I picked him up and got him to finally settle down and sleep on my chest. I wanted Tennant, my Ancona, an opportunity to sleep, his arrival was challenging and he wasn’t even 12 hours old last night. Our TSC is warming up to us but is very vocal, even when happy!

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Attachments

• IMG_1723.jpeg
    IMG_1723.jpeg
    395.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1715.jpeg
    IMG_1715.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1719.jpeg
    IMG_1719.jpeg
    474.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1698.jpeg
    IMG_1698.jpeg
    436.7 KB · Views: 8
I got this duckling from Tractor Supply yesterday to be a companion for my sole surviving duckling, an Ancona, from my first incubating efforts. I am delighted to have another one, and they are already very attached to one another.

My TSC duckling was labeled a Pekin - which I thought were always that yellowish gold as ducklings and I cannot find anything on-line saying otherwise. I do remember seeing ducklings with those stripesover the eyes, but don’t remember what it was.

My little duckling was crying all night until I picked him up and got him to finally settle down and sleep on my chest. I wanted Tennant, my Ancona, an opportunity to sleep, his arrival was challenging and he wasn’t even 12 hours old last night. Our TSC is warming up to us but is very vocal, even when happy!

Thanks for any info you can provide!
I just came home today with 8 Pekin and 3 Rouen ducklings from TSC. Couldn't beat the $1/ea pricing.

Attachments

• 20240421_145201.jpg
    20240421_145201.jpg
    899.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240421_154013.jpg
    20240421_154013.jpg
    814.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom