Jesse-and-Jane

Hatching
Apr 17, 2024
I have two ducklings that I just got a day ago from tractor supply. One is completely fine, but the other is stumbling and every time he exhales I’m hearing a singular click.
It all started today and he was fine about an hour before this all started happening. I checked his legs and feet for any signs of an injury, but I see nothing indicating so and he doesn’t seem to be in pain (still eating and drinking).
I’m getting b complex and some food for niacin, but I don’t know what to do about the clicking! Is he going to be okay?
Please any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sometimes ducklings don't thrive just due to the stress of shipping, etc. If they're just days old it's likely not a deficiency, especially if you have them on proper duckling food. Do they have a heat plate or heat lamp and water and all that go into a brooder? Just take the best care possible and make sure he has everything he needs. Also, consider that most people try to get at least 3 ducklings together in case something goes wrong. You don't want to raise a lone duckling, that would be heartbreaking for the single one. So you might want to go back to tractor supply and get another one or two if possible in case this little one doesn't make it.

Sometimes ducklings don't thrive just due to the stress of shipping, etc. If they're just days old it's likely not a deficiency, especially if you have them on proper duckling food. Do they have a heat plate or heat lamp and water and all that go into a brooder? Just take the best care possible and make sure he has everything he needs. Also, consider that most people try to get at least 3 ducklings together in case something goes wrong. You don't want to raise a lone duckling, that would be heartbreaking for the single one. So you might want to go back to tractor supply and get another one or two if possible in case this little one doesn't make it.
I got some liquid b complex and poultry booster from tsc, he’s not clicking anymore when he breathes and seems to be steadier on his feet today

Back
Top Bottom