Pics
I know she is very young but the liquid B complex may still help. here is info with doses for age of the ducklings
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/ sure worth trying.

@DucklingMama3 how is your duckling today?
I’m very hopeful. She still can’t walk, but I’ve got her swimming. One foot(web) had straightened out pretty well. Still working on the other and gave her niacin water.

I’m not sure why the one toe and web has some red on it?

Had a hard time finding liquid vitamin B complex … some coming tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_9362.jpeg
    IMG_9362.jpeg
    424.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9369.jpeg
    IMG_9369.jpeg
    446.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9367.jpeg
    IMG_9367.jpeg
    485.8 KB · Views: 2
Looks like there is some inflammation going on. Nice warm soaks in Epsom salt might help just don't let her drink the water.
Sure sounds like your making progress. :love
Swimming is such good exercise for them.

Looks like there is some inflammation going on. Nice warm soaks in Epsom salt might help just don't let her drink the water.
Sure sounds like your making progress. :love
Swimming is such good exercise for them.
She’s walking!!!! I tried to post a video, but it won’t let me. She started in the water, then we tried land with her one foot still wrapped, but she got it off, so I’m letting her go! I separated her again before bedtime so she rests, but she’s even joined in with the group well. A little behind and takes breaks, but she’s getting stronger!

Beak is still healing well.

I’m so excited and so grateful I didn’t give up and that this turned out well so far!

I did have to get creative with something and I have to share … when she didn’t want to keep her legs under her … and the splint idea didn’t work because she was so small … I put her in a toilet paper roll 🤦‍♀️ (Friday) and, I can’t tell you enough how much that helped! I did it several hours at a time and then gave her a break (kept her near food and water and definitely kept rear end out of the tube). See picture attached.

Thank you Thank you @MissLydia!!

Attachments

• IMG_9395.jpeg
    IMG_9395.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9398.jpeg
    IMG_9398.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9397.jpeg
    IMG_9397.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9361.jpeg