Ducks and Squirrels

jmgrogan

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 29, 2012
Hello! Just wondering if anybody has had a problem with squirrels and their ducks. I live in the city with two ducks and the ducks are pretty quiet. Well, the last two days, the have been quacking like crazy and I am so afraid the neighbors are going to complain (and honestly, my ducks are WAY quieter than the one neighbor's little yappy dogs!!) Anyway, I went outside and this squirrel was screaming! So I took the hose and gave it a blast of water and it ran away. It happened again this morning and I see that there is a squirrel's nest way up in the maple tree now, so maybe she has babies in there, but she needs to share the yard! I didn't see her today, just heard her!! Sheesh, the racket! I squirted the hose around her nest and she quieted down. I'm just happy I was home, stupid squirrel!

There may very well be a predator in the area that has both your ducks and the squirrel on high alert and alarming.

Hmmm, hadn't thought of that. My yard is fenced in, but I have had a skunk try to dig his way into the coop! Ugh, my girls were upset for days afterwards and almost wouldn't go back in at night!

We have a lot of squirrels on our property, and the squirrels and ducks basically just ignore each other from everything I've seen. I don't remember ever hearing a squirrel make a screaming noise, but if they were doing that and the ducks were acting up as well, it definitely sounds like there was/is something on your property that none of them likes.

We have a lot of squirrels on our property, and the squirrels and ducks basically just ignore each other from everything I've seen. I don't remember ever hearing a squirrel make a screaming noise, but if they were doing that and the ducks were acting up as well, it definitely sounds like there was/is something on your property that none of them likes.

Oh, I sure have. It's almost as annoying as rabbit screams. I miss red squirrels. They're the cute and friendly ones. Gray squirrels are massive jerks, and they're EVERYWHERE now.

Back
Top Bottom