Ducks at the Orthodontist *pictures*

javajanie

Songster
9 Years
May 10, 2010
Southern MD
Took my daughter for her ortho consult this morning and low and behold, there were ducks everywhere. The office is right by a man made lake. But what struck me the most was that I was pretty sure most of the ducks were calls. There was a trio of white calls (I was tempted to snatch them!), definitely mallards, but I think a couple Silver Appleyard call hens. The pics of the Appleyards are blurry. I tried to sharpen them up so I could get your opinion. They were all so friendly. I didn't have a zoom lens on, so I was pretty much up in their beaks taking these pictures! Oh and the prettiest Muscovy drake (I think. He was quacking like my boys at home) with this awesome "hair". I just loved them all! I'm going to take a bunch of feed with me next time. They were so hungry and I didn't have any duck friendly food in the car.

2711ParkDucks.jpg

DSC_4034.jpg

DSC_4039.jpg

DSC_4035.jpg

DSC_4032.jpg

You KNOW you sucked us right in with that subject line, as if the ducks were being treated by an orthodontist!!!
gig.gif

I thought to myself, THAT would be interesting to see!

Last edited:
I know. I was expecting... well, who knows. You can never tell what people do around here.
lol.png

They are pretty. It passes the wait time quite a bit when you have birds to watch.

Back
Top Bottom