Duck's leg wobbling

Pics
So far so good giving the ducks their B complex every night! I'm also very pleased with how my duck house is performing (article here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/dog-house-to-duck-house-conversion.78852/). Turns out I placed the duck house at the perfect height - all I need to do to catch the ducks is open the roof and reach for them. If it didn't have the hinged roof it would be a huge pain! And the little porch acts as a table to set the bottle and syringe on. 👌

I love your duck house what a nice job you did. How come we didn't get to see any ducks? lol, But Dorie is sure a cutie.
Thank you! I actually didn't have ducks at the time I posted that. I'll be updating the article soon and I'll try to add duck photos!

Last edited:
How come we didn't get to see any ducks?
Here's Jeanette using the ramp. I definitely need to get better photos of them.. haha
IMG_3209-1.JPG

IMG_3210-1.JPG

My Muscovies are 18 weeks/4 months old now. Are they about adult size? Length, I mean, not weight. Seems to be a lot of conflicting information on this.

They just have a way, don't they? Are you seeing any improvements yet? Muscovy have always been my favorites they have such precious personalties even when being nutty like not wanting to stop brooding [drive me nuts] lol

They just have a way, don't they? Are you seeing any improvements yet? Muscovy have always been my favorites they have such precious personalties even when being nutty like not wanting to stop brooding [drive me nuts] lol
I did notice that Winona (the original duck with the shaky legs) was quite a bit stronger and heavier than a week ago. I thought I had grabbed Willoughby (her larger "twin" who I banded to keep track). I will try to watch Winona closely today to see if her legs are still wobbling.

So far I really like the Muscovies. I got them mainly for their quietness since I don't like loud farm animals interfering with the sounds of nature, and they are definitely very quiet! I also like that they don't need to swim as much as Mallard-derived ducks; my yard is already a swamp so the less water the better. They love foraging in the grass and they are currently helping to clean up the garden.

Back
Top Bottom