Ducks not laying

Leaving out free choice oyster shell is fine, and actually may tell you when they are close to or just about to start laying... mine will start eating it right before they lay... and once laying, I feed all of mine a layer feed, it is just fine for ducks....

Some can start early, 5 months... some later at 6 or 7 months (I have had full sisters vary like that even)... and even had a couple push it to 9 months... it all depends on the individuals... :)

We have 16 ducks all females. only getting about 4 eggs a day. the r 3 yrs and younger. I have no idea what the problem is. keeping everything clean good feed. nothing has changed. other than they r not laying. last year we were getting 10 to 12 eggs a day until mid summer. any ideas

We have 16 ducks all females. only getting about 4 eggs a day. the r 3 yrs and younger. I have no idea what the problem is. keeping everything clean good feed. nothing has changed. other than they r not laying. last year we were getting 10 to 12 eggs a day until mid summer. any ideas
This time of year, it's normal for female ducks over 1 year of age to stop laying due to decreased daylight and the annual molt.

Back
Top Bottom