Due to hatch are some silkie, cross polish, cross gold laced, cross warren!! Pics.

Ok.. here's the update! These are all I could manage to get from under Momma Hen, she let me have a look but the chicks were getting stressed so it started Momma Hen to warn me off. I also have a couple more yellowy ones and an all black one which aren't in the pictures. I love how some are identical to my warren when she was a chick, but her chicks have the feathery legs from the Roo and the gold laced pattern starting to appear. What a mix!! :)

Hi, yes it does have a dark grey/greeny skin. You wouldn't believe their feathers now only after a couple of days. Will take more pictures either today or tomorrow of them. They are really feathering up but I think its because they are out in the cold with their mom, so they kind of have to feather up quickly!

Here they are! Update... any ides sex wise? the ones with the huge combs are warren x gold laced to they may have inherited the hens huge comb regardless of sex.

<small black dot on this one

small black dot on this one too... interesting.

Interesting looking flock they have changed so much in such little time wow they must b eating good over there I have a silkie cross hen non bearded that has a pretty large crest and wattles so I wouldn't be too quick to say they r Roos. Although in the last pic the one way to the left looks like it has a huge boyish crest. In the first two pics I think only the first one is a boy the other three girls.

All three are 100% female

Aww, cute pics of your hens! Wow, it just goes to show that you can never tell if they are roos or hens until they crow. One of my little chicks got attacked by a hawk but is recovering, I hope. Time will tell. They really have grow loads - the bantam silkie that hatched them still tries to sit on them at night, even though they are bigger than she is!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom