Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricaD

Songster
7 Years
Mar 28, 2012
OMG, I was telling a lady at work the other day that I'll be getting chickens this summer and plan to have lots and lots of eggs. I told her I'd bring some in for her so that she can taste how much better they are.

Know what she said?

Her: "Oh my GAWD, eeeeeewwwwww, I could never eat those eggs!"

Me: "Ummmm, why not?

Her: "Well, BECAUSE, they came out of a chicken's butt!"

Me: "Ummmmm. Huh? You eat eggs from the store, right?"

Her: "Well, yeah, of COURSE, but that's different!"

Me: "How is that different? Those eggs also came out of a chicken."

Her: "But those are all sanitary and come in a box."

Me: "I'll wash my eggs and box them for you too."

Her: "Blech, no way. I could never eat eggs from your chickens. That's just gross."

Me: "***?"

[Erica walks away shaking head]

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!

LOL, this is just too much. No wonder I want to quit my job and become a pioneer woman and never have to leave the house...

OMG, I was telling a lady at work the other day that I'll be getting chickens this summer and plan to have lots and lots of eggs. I told her I'd bring some in for her so that she can taste how much better they are.

Know what she said?

Her: "Oh my GAWD, eeeeeewwwwww, I could never eat those eggs!"

Me: "Ummmm, why not?

Her: "Well, BECAUSE, they came out of a chicken's butt!"

Me: "Ummmmm. Huh? You eat eggs from the store, right?"

Her: "Well, yeah, of COURSE, but that's different!"

Me: "How is that different? Those eggs also came out of a chicken."

Her: "But those are all sanitary and come in a box."

Me: "I'll wash my eggs and box them for you too."

Her: "Blech, no way. I could never eat eggs from your chickens. That's just gross."

Me: "***?"

[Erica walks away shaking head]

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!

LOL, this is just too much. No wonder I want to quit my job and become a pioneer woman and never have to leave the house...
You can't fix stupid, eh?

Today I had posted something along the lines of my chicken thought it was ok to follow me into the kitchen today on FB. (She is about 12 wks now, they are not outside yet as the run is taking forever to finish. I let them roost on top of their brooder so they can stretch and not feel cramped.) Well my family member was like OMG I can't believe you let your chickens roam around your house, blah, blah, blah. They smell horrible, the ammonia is strong.

Ok first off I don't let them roam around the house because I don't want any of them to get hurt and find surprise little droppings. I never said they roam the house it's just my one girl likes to know where I am so she thought she'd follow me into the kitchen. lol I put her back. I clean the poop up everyday and scrub everything down a few times a week so it doesn't stink. You really only smell the pine. People come in and say, "What kind of birds are those? They look like chickens but chickens smell and your house doesn't stink." My dogs are usually more stinky then the chickens. I wasn't offend by her post but she took it has I was. I basically just didn't want people to think I let chickens poo all over my house. lol I guess some people think they know everything!
lol.png
I'm finding a lot more people are against me owning chickens for eggs because they are just, I guess ignorant to the subject. All I know in the long run it's healthier and cheaper to have chickens make me eggs then to buy them from the store, especially when they are $4 for 18 and are NOT organic.
wink.png
Plus add benefit of having little feathered friends and my children learning about chickens.

Oh I've had lots, here are some:

Do they have babies in them?
Are the green ones bad? Are the blue ones sweet?
How do I wash the dirt off (brown eggs)?
Only white ones are sanitary
Of course you need a rooster
The colored ones are dirty and are from sick roosters (yes they meant a rooster).
I'd never eat anything out of an animal's butt, yet they are cramming their face with a Egg McMuffin with extra cheese.

I live in the city, though most of the rooster comments came from older people who claimed to have owned chickens. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom