Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: To eat with ham.
you were reading my braincell...
hide.gif

I said it first, you stole my idea. I'm sending over the idea police now.
go for it.. i have a gun and know how to use it.... THEY WILL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif

hide.gif

go for it.. i have a gun and know how to use it.... THEY WILL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif

They don't want you alive O_O
no one wants me alive *sniffles*.. even the birds would be happy if I keeled over in the coop so they could eat my eyes!...
hit.gif

and now back to your regularly scheduled program...

hide.gif

lau.gif

They don't want you alive O_O
no one wants me alive *sniffles*.. even the birds would be happy if I keeled over in the coop so they could eat my eyes!...
hit.gif

and now back to your regularly scheduled program...
I'd take you alive. I may get you to clean out the coops.

I have this same... Errr, problem?!? I have Easter Eggers. I know they are a mixed breed, not purebred like Ameracauna. But that is okay with me. People who see the eggs and have seen a few of Martha Stewarts articles on her Ameracauna, think they know everything about chickens all of a sudden and refer to my Easter Eggers as Ameracauna. I have been told "surely you mean Ameracauna!" Nope... I meant what I said, they are the red headed step children.

People at Farmers' Market are selling their eggs for as little as $2.50 a dozen or less.  I had a couple park next to me and start selling their eggs for $1.50.  I've also seen several ads up around town for eggs for as little as $1.50.
:th
I get it, some people just have extra eggs that they're trying to get rid of, and they're not worried about the price, but their habit of underselling their eggs is making it harder for me to sell mine at a sustainable rate.

I'm working on expanding my operation so that I have enough eggs to justify traveling to a city to sell them.  I can get nearly twice as much for my eggs up around KC or Topeka as I can here.

I get $3/dz for mine, and I sell about 3-4 dz every 2 weeks to a chiropractic office. Even though I only charge $3/dz, she usually makes me take more money than I ask. She says "they are worth more than you charge."

Try asking a gym or chiropractic office, people who are more health conscience. They will pay and be glad!

Since I got my incubator, I've been asked several times if I could hatch the eggs you buy in the store.  lol  On it's own, it's not an especially ridiculous question, but it amuses me to see the look on their faces when I explain most store-bought eggs come from hens who have never met a rooster.  I don't know what perplexes them more, the fact that the hens aren't around roosters, or the fact that there needs to be a rooster for the eggs to be fertile.

I have tried explaining this "fact of life" to folks before... Now, with all the same-sex relationship acceptance, I just tell them that all my chickens are lesbians.
:p

Yeah, I'm producing so few eggs right now that I have no trouble selling them at $3 a dozen. I know enough people in my work who are well aware of the value of a good egg, and they're usually happy to buy up any eggs I might have. If I increase my production as I plan to, though, I will have to go to a city to sell them, because my supply will exceed local demand at my asking price. It would be worth it, though.

To eat with ham.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to say it! lol

I get $3/dz for mine, and I sell about 3-4 dz every 2 weeks to a chiropractic office. Even though I only charge $3/dz, she usually makes me take more money than I ask. She says "they are worth more than you charge."

Try asking a gym or chiropractic office, people who are more health conscience. They will pay and be glad!
I get $2.50 per dozen for mine and I can barely sell them for that. I have a good 20 dozen in the fridge right now that I cannot move. Time to send my kids door to door selling eggs, they have fliers explaining the value of a free range egg.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to say it! lol

I get $2.50 per dozen for mine and I can barely sell them for that. I have a good 20 dozen in the fridge right now that I cannot move. Time to send my kids door to door selling eggs, they have fliers explaining the value of a free range egg.

Our "cage free" eggs in the grocery store run at least 3.29 and up to nearly $4 a dozen! At a farmer's market in Gilbert, AZ (we don't have any where I live) they charge 3.50 for a half dozen. Maybe it is a supply and demand issue. I have a very small flock and they don't lay enough to sell but I would be insulted to only be able to sell them for 1.50-2.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom