Dumpster Diving-Garage Sale-Goodwill-Thrift Store & Craigslist Finds

I was at Walmart and I noticed these sitting over by the milk and the first thing that I thought was "brooder box". So, I put them on my cart and asked if I could have them and they said yes. The are 2'x2'. I will use them to brood my peachicks when they hatch in a couple weeks.

Our town has an auction every Saturday night. It's full of cheap treasures. I bought a 48 x 100 1/8 inch hardware cloth for $45 There were 3 rolls. I kicked myself in the butt for not buying all of it. I also got 2 large windows at habitat for humanity for $10 total. One is a crank out. I also got large pvc elbows and tee's for a buck each.

I love to shop thrift stores for wool blankets! We get a lot of people moving to Texas from "up north" and they get rid of their wool blankets. Yay!

We keep our house in the high 50's low 60's at night in the winter so I put them to good use. Of course, they go straight from the store into a washer. I wash wool blankets all of the time, the only thing you have to be careful of is the loose wool clogging up the washer. It hasn't happened with the new Samsung (or as I call it, Sam$uck) but my older Maytag clogged once, but only after felting several sweaters.

I go to salvation army every wednesday, but my highlight was finding a GT road racing bike in a dumpster in my town.... Still ride it to this day..

I did a lot of dumpster diving at our local version of Goodwill. I found clothes for the kids that were in great shape and even a portable baby swing. It was like they kept the junk and threw all the good donations away. I had to stop because CPS called me. Apparently my son was bragging at school that his new sweatshirt was found when we were dumpster diving. The teacher reported it to the county and they called to see if I needed financial help. I just don't like to see things go to waste!
Lol awesome story! You and me are the same in that respect...I don't like seeing things go to waste either!

And I, personally, wouldn't have stopped...it would have just been on the down-low :p

I picked this up at the local flea market. I collect these, so I was so excited when I saw it. It was only $1.00 and it was in PERFECT condition. :)

I also spotted 2 quart size canning jars. I asked the guy how much he wanted for them and he said $0.25 per jar. So, I bought both of them and only paid $0.50. All I have to do is buy some lids for them and I'm in business for some canning. Too bad he only had 2. :/

Well, I didn't have to do any work for this find. As a matter of fact, it found me. A co-worker asked me what size did I wear and I told her. She told me that she had some boots that she wanted me to try on to see if they fit. I tried them on and they fit. Then she said that I could have them. I was like, "Oooooooooooooooooooooooooook."

Back
Top Bottom