Dumpster Diving-Garage Sale-Goodwill-Thrift Store & Craigslist Finds

Great find, I got another great find this summer at the dump. For those of you that don't live where it's cold, we that do fish through the ice. I found a portable fish shanty at the dump. It has resided in a chicken coop for a long time, chicken **** all over it but useable. I've been cleaning up what hasn't been thrown away and

plan to use it this winter.

My latest find is a 1990's Specalized Epic carbon fiber road bicycle, which I think was a steal at $250...... Unfortunate it was converted to a single speed and was stripped of it's precious Shimano 600-series components. However, a customer in the bike shop I work at heard I was looking for some and long story short, I ended up with a (rather used/needing a good cleaning) Shimano 600 group set for $40!

I picked up one of these Brower brooders that was barely used for $75 from a guy getting out of the business:
13604_pg6aa.jpg

He sold me two Sportsman Incubators for $300 each (one went to a friend)

2 more huge brooders for $25 and $50

Dozens and dozens of metal feeders, waters, buckets, and 8 bell waterer systems for $75 total.

The man had put his daughter through school raising rare ducks, pheasants and quail. He was done with the stuff and I was in the right place at the right time.

You can imagine the chicken-loving grin I wore as we made 3 trips hauling that stuff home in the truck!!
wee.gif

How do you Guys Find stuff like this for so cheap? Like is there a website?

best places are goodwill, trader joes, joanne fabrics, bed bath and beyond, and 5 below. 5 below I've hit the jack pot so many times, i have like 20 pairs of perfect new earbuds and headphones lol do i need them? no, but its nice to give them away to people. good will throws away so much!!!! its actually kind of spoiled me...i don't like to pay for cloths or kitchen things anymore. i told my friend once that the dumpster is like a portal for the universe to give you things you really need.

yo
We struck gold today! LOL We think so anyway. We were in town 'small town USA' to be exact! There is one store that used to be Wal-Mart. Well, Wal-Mart rebuilt in another location and became Super Wal-Mart, but that's a different story. Anyway, the building was left and a different store took it's place. It's a consignment store. It's HUGE!

We bought this dog crate for $18.00 bucks! It's called the Giant - 49" L x 29" W x 32" H crate. Sells for about $100.00 - $120.00 on internet sites.

Crates fold in seconds to a flat portable "suitcase style" package

Durable (EXTRA DEEP) plastic pan is included with the crate

Double security locks on large front doors

ALL FOR $18.00

AND!!!

AND!!

THIS!!

THIS WAS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smaller crate about 24" L x 16.5" W x 20" H

They will be great for transporting chickens, etc. Good deal, huh!

It's already serving the purpose it was purchased for. Now just to add some pine shavings! These young chicks still have a few weeks before going to the outdoor coop!

i have about 4 of these. all gotten from petsmart dumpster

those metal dog crates are awesome! my hubby brought one home a few years ago and we still use it. he found it set out to the road while he was on the job. it was brand new with the fleece pad inside!!!!! The pad got stolen by our 3 cats. it's big enough for them all to sleep on it together.

right now, the crate is home to (9) week and a half old CornishX meaties!
Easy to clean and we pull the plastic tray out so the babies can be on grass.
We also used that crate 3 years ago when we rescued 4 ex-battery hens from their miserable existence. 3 of them went to the big chicken run in the sky but we still have Booger and she's 5 years old now. she loves my husband so much and she follows him all over our homestead. She is beautiful and keeps herself well-groomed even though she had been de-beaked in the commercial henhouse that she came from. She doesn't lay anymore but she's the queen of the coop, make no mistake.

Back
Top Bottom