Dumpster Diving-Garage Sale-Goodwill-Thrift Store & Craigslist Finds

Goodwill:

Someone donated an entire closet full of high quality camping/hiking gear (new...with tags) including various Columbia gear, etc. My husband picked up quality pants for $1/pair and shirts for $0.50 on special.

We purchased a high quality wooden butcher block on wheels for $13

Craigslist:

We bought both of our horses.
We found our current farm.
We bought our truck.
We adopted our dog.
We bought our coffee table and side table.
We bought (and refinished) our nightstands.

Goodwill:

Someone donated an entire closet full of high quality camping/hiking gear (new...with tags) including various Columbia gear, etc.  My husband picked up quality pants for $1/pair and shirts for $0.50 on special.

Craigslist:

We bought our truck.

We adopted our dog.

VERY NICE!! Great scores! :thumbsup

Goodwill:

Someone donated an entire closet full of high quality camping/hiking gear (new...with tags) including various Columbia gear, etc. My husband picked up quality pants for $1/pair and shirts for $0.50 on special.

Craigslist:

We bought our truck.
We adopted our dog.

that's great to have a goodwill like that in your are, unless you go to a high end store here where I live and buy the clothes at full price, you will never think your getting a "bargain" there. K mart and wal mart's name brands are half their price at regular price and that is NEW clothing. At least that's the way it was a few years ago when I went shopping with a friend and stopped at all three stores that where within 2 miles of each other, and quite honestly I have no idea how our stays open, you literally have to drive by either the wal mart or k mart to get there...

This is some wood I got for free from a local tree trimmer. It is honey locust, hickory, cherry and oak. Since I heat with wood this was a great gift. The stacked wood now stretches over 110' and is stacked 6' high. I am still working on the big pieces as we speak. One big piece when split equals about half a face cord.

The brush get run through the chipper for wood mulch for the chicken run. An added bonus are the ants and termites that become chicken treats.

This is some wood I got for free from a local tree trimmer. It is honey locust, hickory, cherry and oak. Since I heat with wood this was a great gift. The stacked wood now stretches over 110' and is stacked 6' high. I am still working on the big pieces as we speak. One big piece when split equals about half a face cord. The brush get run through the chipper for wood mulch for the chicken run. An added bonus are the ants and termites that become chicken treats.
Sooooooooo jealous of this. :p

I scored 8 foot high chain link fence! Enough for 3 chicken runs side by side. One is 24X24, one is 8X24 and another 8X24. All for only $100. And my neighbor to the north, who also happens to be our chiropractor, gives us all the dead wood that he cuts out of his woods. Last year it was at least 6 pickup truck loads. And more is coming this year. I also got all the windows for my chicken shed off of Craigslist for $20. Now it is time for an addition, so am looking again.

Well, I don't know if mine counts but I got 10 free chicks for every bag of feed that I bought this weekend, so I bought 5 bags of feed = 50 chicks.
hmm.png
I think my husband would never, ever let me go to the feed store if that was the case
smile.png
He has finally seen the benefits of thrift stores and roadside finds. We are replacing the old wood windows in our barn and I take them out to the road 2-3 days before trash day and they always dissappear.

Okay, so my husband gets embarrassed when I ask for seemingly unwanted items. He refuses to stop if I spot something and has offered many times to buy me a car. My reply? I will accept a car but I KEEP MY TRUCK- I can't haul good finds in a car! An ad he said I shouldn't have placed for scrap lumber netted a 20'×20' building's worth of 2×4s and 2×6s that we have used to build an 8'×24' porch with roof and an outdoor brooder coop with a big stack of lumber left over. Lesson learned:)

Back
Top Bottom