Earliest one of your cockerels has crowed?

What's the earliest you've heard one of your little cockerels crow? I have a little Serama boy, Sam, who started at two weeks! He'd do the little gearing up to crow, then peep in a crowing cadence, like peep-peep-peep-pee-peeeee! Here is a video of him doing a baby crow when he was about 4 weeks old:

This is the cutest thing ever. He sounds like a songbird trying to imitate a rooster :lau

Some of the 6 old english cockerels that I rehomed this week started crowing I think last week. They are 8 weeks old.

My remaining serama cockerel is 10 weeks and 4 days old and he started crowing around a month old too I think. It started out squeaky like that and is louder now but not as loud as the old english cockerel that I had last year until I rehomed him when he was 5 months old. He had a no crow collar on which helped a bit but not enough.

I thought mine crowed at 2 weeks but I later learned he was actually pooping with a prolapsed vent while flapping his wings.

Your lil guy is just far too cute! And his comb is R-E-D for 4 weeks.
Sounds like a squeaky wheel on a toddlers stroller.

I thought mine crowed at 2 weeks but I later learned he was actually pooping with a prolapsed vent while flapping his wings.

Your lil guy is just far too cute! And his comb is R-E-D for 4 weeks.
Sounds like a squeaky wheel on a toddlers stroller.
even if he wasn’t crowing, he was pretty clearly a roo very early on! This is him at about 2.5 weeks:

Attachments

• IMG_0217.jpeg
    IMG_0217.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom