East RIver - South Dakota

Thank you Ever True!!

So far the local runnings here isnt carrying any cochins and they dont seem to be in much of a hurry to keep their tanks full this year.

I know that they get chicks from Welp, and Hoovers in Iowa and according to Welp's, site they wont have full sized cochins till in May sometime.

I guess I can only go by what the site says....

Last edited:
I'm so wanting to get another hen. Just one. One that Laurlays dark brown or Olive colored or speckled eggs. I already have a teal and two tan egg layers.
Any ideas where I can get one of them in the Sioux falls area or within an hour or so away. I've been looking forever.....I need a chicken fix lol

My husband said I could get one more hen, so we compromised and we got 4.....hahahaha.
We found some girls, two red star and two cochins. One orange and one barred. They are soooo cute. Now to get all of the girls to roost in the coop again, instead of our top step. Any ideas? The little ones are learning bad habits lol

Last edited:
Hi all, I just joined and am glad to find people close to where I live who deal with the same issues such as weather ect... I live down in the SE corner. I am a transplant originally from Long Island NY. Have only had chickens and birds for 3 years because they came with the house. I have had to learn everything fast and furious to keep them healthy and alive. I can't wait to read the posts.

Back
Top Bottom