East Tennessee

Husband and I both born and raised in Kinsport, TN, but now we happily reside up the road in Jonesborough. I think we live in some of the prettiest country on Earth, especially this time of year.

Quote:
Howdy neighbor!
frow.gif

We're just "down the mountain" from ya and a bit south of Sparta!

Dawn

big_smile.png
(newbie alert, and another Dawn:p)
Hi! I'm a big city transplant. Been here since 1997, and have lived in both Sevier & Cocke Counties. We now own just over an acre in a town called Del Rio (in Cocke County) at the base of the Cherokee National Forest, a stones throw from the National Park and North Carolina State line!

Our first hens will be on their way soon, ordered chicks from mypetchicken since I couldnt' find any local sources. We're waiting on 8 (3day old) Black Australorps expected late this month (6/08).

To the original poster, we live just off of hwy 340, meaning hwy 160 & 25/70 are around the corner, and we visit M-town often, in fact I gotta get over the College Square to pick up my wedding ring from the jeweler, so.. we're definitely neighbors! If there are some "local" supplies, groups or gatherings, I'd love to get involved.

Thanks!!
Dawn

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys I'm new to the website I use alot but just made an account...i started with my chickens last Feb..i have 3 leg horns 3 Rhode islands 3 black sex links 2 red sex links 2 speckled Sussex...those are my layers i just had one go broody a few weeks ago. her first chick hatched the other day...i also breed millies, porcelain, serama, bantam silkies and Americana for sell...and I also have barnyard chicks that are good for laying and there alot cheaper then my pure breeds ....there mom will be leghorns,Rhode island or sex links there dad is amercana or silver duck wing...t hr moms lay 6 out of 7 days I get more then 10 eggs a day from my layers...

Back
Top Bottom