Easter egger / cockerel / or something else??

paulinachickies

Chirping
Dec 6, 2019
Hi!

I have this easter egger (?) that I'm looking to get some input on what s/he really is... She seems to have a bit of a spur (which I've also seen in my grown hens), and is a lot lankier than any chicken I've had. She also doesn't have a big muff that my other easter egger does. I think she's about 12 weeks old now. I am wondering if she has any game fowl (?) in her just from how long her legs are, or if her parents were just basketball players. As you can see, her face is beginning to get a bit pink as well. Her ears are white / grey. Her tail is upright most of the time. Her personality is pretty skittish.

I picked her up from a craigslist listing, so not 100% sure about the person's sexing (or breed identification) abilities. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks.

IMG_2904.png
IMG_2914.jpg
IMG_2918.jpg
IMG_2935.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg
IMG_2922.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2933.jpg
    IMG_2933.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2935.jpg
    IMG_2935.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 2
Hi!

I have this easter egger (?) that I'm looking to get some input on what s/he really is... She seems to have a bit of a spur (which I've also seen in my grown hens), and is a lot lankier than any chicken I've had. She also doesn't have a big muff that my other easter egger does. I think she's about 12 weeks old now. I am wondering if she has any game fowl (?) in her just from how long her legs are, or if her parents were just basketball players. As you can see, her face is beginning to get a bit pink as well. Her ears are white / grey. Her tail is upright most of the time. Her personality is pretty skittish.

I picked her up from a craigslist listing, so not 100% sure about the person's sexing (or breed identification) abilities. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks.

View attachment 2131261View attachment 2131262View attachment 2131264View attachment 2131269

View attachment 2131268View attachment 2131270
That's a pullet. I see nothing that screams cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom