Easter Egger cockerel?

FarrFreshEggs

In the Brooder
Nov 21, 2023
About 7 weeks old Easter Egger. Bought from Coastal and I know nothing is ever 100% but I keep talking myself back and forth if this one with the already extra red comb is a boy?! I think it is but again I keep telling myself maybe he’ll be a girl… 😬

Attachments

• IMG_2329.jpeg
    IMG_2329.jpeg
    823 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2331.jpeg
    IMG_2331.jpeg
    841.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2336.jpeg
    IMG_2336.jpeg
    634.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2342.jpeg
    IMG_2342.jpeg
    766.3 KB · Views: 36
Update: Freddie is definitely a boy. Trying to handle him more and showing a little bit of dominance so hopefully he turns out as a nice Roo. Any tips for trying to influence a ‘nice’ rooster I.e. doesn’t attack me or my kids, I’d appreciate! I’m hoping to be able to keep him. 🤞🏻
Having every member of your family spend time with Freddie. Hand feeding is a huge way! Hand feed his favorite treat to him and in turn he will trust you. Avoid chasing him/grabbing him in an aggressive manor. They can sense that. Doing these things, I have been able to pick out 3 roosters, and raise them as "gentlemen"!

Update: Freddie is definitely a boy. Trying to handle him more and showing a little bit of dominance so hopefully he turns out as a nice Roo. Any tips for trying to influence a ‘nice’ rooster I.e. doesn’t attack me or my kids, I’d appreciate! I’m hoping to be able to keep him. 🤞🏻
Make sure you never pose a threat to him, Be incredibly gentle and you can make him friendly as long as you do not grab him a lot. Hand feeding is also a viable strategy.

Thank you for your advice! I’ve been trying to give him treats and loves. He’s still in that skiddish stage but I know as long as I am the “treat lady” and respect him, hopefully we can come to a non aggressive agreement lol. 🥰

No, don't interact with him at all! making him "nice" just means he isn't afraid of you. That's the least thing you want, ignore him. Every now and again find a way to make him move for you.

No, don't interact with him at all! making him "nice" just means he isn't afraid of you. That's the least thing you want, ignore him. Every now and again find a way to make him move for you.
I understand what you’re saying. I’m being “nice” but I won’t back down from him either way. Either he will know to respect me or he’ll end up in freezer camp. Just hoping I don’t have to get spurred in the process. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom