Easter Egger cockerel?

FarrFreshEggs

In the Brooder
Nov 21, 2023
About 7 weeks old Easter Egger. Bought from Coastal and I know nothing is ever 100% but I keep talking myself back and forth if this one with the already extra red comb is a boy?! I think it is but again I keep telling myself maybe he’ll be a girl… 😬

Attachments

• IMG_2329.jpeg
    IMG_2329.jpeg
    823 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2331.jpeg
    IMG_2331.jpeg
    841.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2336.jpeg
    IMG_2336.jpeg
    634.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2342.jpeg
    IMG_2342.jpeg
    766.3 KB · Views: 30
Update: Freddie is definitely a boy. Trying to handle him more and showing a little bit of dominance so hopefully he turns out as a nice Roo. Any tips for trying to influence a ‘nice’ rooster I.e. doesn’t attack me or my kids, I’d appreciate! I’m hoping to be able to keep him. 🤞🏻

Attachments

• IMG_2379.jpeg
    IMG_2379.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2381.jpeg
    IMG_2381.jpeg
    813.9 KB · Views: 20
Update: Freddie is definitely a boy. Trying to handle him more and showing a little bit of dominance so hopefully he turns out as a nice Roo. Any tips for trying to influence a ‘nice’ rooster I.e. doesn’t attack me or my kids, I’d appreciate! I’m hoping to be able to keep him. 🤞🏻
Having every member of your family spend time with Freddie. Hand feeding is a huge way! Hand feed his favorite treat to him and in turn he will trust you. Avoid chasing him/grabbing him in an aggressive manor. They can sense that. Doing these things, I have been able to pick out 3 roosters, and raise them as "gentlemen"!

Make sure you never pose a threat to him, Be incredibly gentle and you can make him friendly as long as you do not grab him a lot. Hand feeding is also a viable strategy.

Thank you for your advice! I’ve been trying to give him treats and loves. He’s still in that skiddish stage but I know as long as I am the “treat lady” and respect him, hopefully we can come to a non aggressive agreement lol. 🥰

No, don't interact with him at all! making him "nice" just means he isn't afraid of you. That's the least thing you want, ignore him. Every now and again find a way to make him move for you.

Back
Top Bottom