Easter Egger Eggs Changed Colors from Blue/Green to Pinkish!

Oh no! She seems healthy (is very skittish) but eats normally, behaves normally etc... I'll research to see if there's anything I should be looking for. Any suggestions on where to start?! I should add that her eggs were never a true BLUE, they were more like a green with bluish tinge to them. Green has been her consistent coloring. Does that make a difference?

Last edited:
There are only two colors for eggshells, white or blue. Brown eggs have a coating applied to a white shell. Green eggs are that same coating but applied to a blue eggshell. Her shells have gone from being blue, to white. The coating has remained the same. It may indicate a problem with her liver.

I believe she does! I know she used to raise chickens herself, and has mentioned going on house calls to attend to goats and cows so I'm thinking maybe chickens would have popped up as clients here and there?

I believe she does! I know she used to raise chickens herself, and has mentioned going on house calls to attend to goats and cows so I'm thinking maybe chickens would have popped up as clients here and there?
Only by asking will know for sure......if she's interested, I would imagine she has the skills to research/learn.

Did you ever find out what was going on? Mine is doing exactly the same thing for the last couple of days. Used to be a darker green than my other EE and now they are pink.

I seriously don't think that any way that a chicken can change from laying pink(white shell base) to green (blue shell base).....or visa-versa.
Pretty hard to guarantee that it actually happened unless bird was isolated it's whole life...or one of only 2-3 birds.

Back
Top Bottom