Easter egger not laying eggs

As a rule, if a second egg is still in the oviduct after the first one comes out, the poop won't be normal. But it's possible. So give the calcium to be safe. It won't hurt her. For excess calcium to harm a hen, she has to be getting it longer than for just a few days or even longer than one week.

So, it's a good idea to give her a calcium tablet once a day for a week so you can be sure she's back to one egg per cycle.

This has been such a odd experience she is pooping like normal and it doesn't seem watery at all just solid she hasn't gone back to the top but I don't know if her stance is a good or bad sign.

So my son gave me 6 hens that had been laying. 2 lay blue eggs, 2 lay pink eggs. The other 2 i think white. So the blue layers laid exactly 2 blue eggs and none since. I’ve had them about a month or so. They are in a run, no place to hide eggs. Why would they not be laying?

Hi everyone, just thought I should update. My Easter Egger has still been doing this behavior but after she had laid her soft egg she went to laying hard shells again but very rarely. She hasn't laid in 2 weeks. But seems to be normal just hanging out in the nest box her poop is healthy. Is this because of the season and weather?

We are just about to the daylight cut-off where not enough light causes layers to cease ovulating. If the hen insists on remaining in the nest day and night, she may have some broodiness going on. Remove her from the nest and block it off.

Hi everyone, just thought I should update. My Easter Egger has still been doing this behavior but after she had laid her soft egg she went to laying hard shells again but very rarely. She hasn't laid in 2 weeks. But seems to be normal just hanging out in the nest box her poop is healthy. Is this because of the season and weather?
I have 6 hens and two of them are EE, they are 2 years old. They used to lay beautiful eggs but for some reason in the last couple of months they only lay soft eggs, and I give them plenty of healthy food, treats and vitamins. I wonder if it’s just an EE thing due to genetics being messed with to try and create certain colored eggs. Just putting my experience out there.

Back
Top Bottom