Easter Egger not laying

My Easter Egger stops laying for long periods of time because of flock stress--even when she isn't at the bottom of the pecking order. When I remove her to a separate, safe location, she gets back into lay. Point: maybe she is feeling stressed? I would try separating her for a while and see if it helps. One word of caution though: if she isn't at the bottom of the pecking order now, she will be when she gets reintegrated with the flock...which should be done carefully.

Some chickens take months longer than others to start laying eggs. If spring started chickens don't start laying in the fall they may delay until warmer weather and more sunshine to start in early spring. Most will start laying between 19 to 24 weeks, but some do not! I have had a girl not lay an egg until almost 10 months old and become a good reliable layer for years afterwards.

Our EE ladies seemed to take a full month or two longer to lay. I was thinking the same thing until the day you clearly find a blue egg. I figured it was a breed thing. They both laid well.

Back
Top Bottom