Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I posted these pictures on another thread... But I wanted to get your guys opinion I bought these and I was told they were pullets but some of the ladies think they are cockerels and I'm hoping not because the. I have only 2 hens that are Rhode Island reds which means I have like 5 roosters
hmm.png

How old are they? Need age to tell if we should expect to see male saddle feathers yet. This one is suspicious because of the red comb. All have somewhat splotchy white patterns, which tends to look male, although I have occasionally seen pullets with this look on this thread.

I posted these pictures on another thread... But I wanted to get your guys opinion I bought these and I was told they were pullets but some of the ladies think they are cockerels and I'm hoping not because the. I have only 2 hens that are Rhode Island reds which means I have like 5 roosters :/

The second one from the top looks like it has some curved saddle feathers, meaning boy. And the mostly black splotchy one looks like it is getting some skinny sickle feathers, but the photo is blurry.

Last edited:
They don't stay still... Lol I'll try to get some Better ones today, but from the age the guy told us when we got them is 16 weeks old, but someone who saw the pictures said they look like they are 8-10 weeks old.

Now I'm worried that I have a coop full of roosters!! Ugh I hope that we have some
Hens.. I'm going try to get some more pictures roday

I just went out and got some better pictures!!

This one here has the ear tuffs

This is Snow White, and I think this one is a pullet!

Here is a couple of the darker one!!

This one is our planned rooster he's a EE/barred rock mix... He has a green feather coming in on his tail!

Back
Top Bottom