Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Quote:
Most of my EE pullets have iridescent tail feathers, but the structure of the tail on yours, its stance, and the red portions on the wings are leading me to hesitantly guess male. But it's comb is so small! I'll be interested to see what happens here
smile.png

Quote:
Most of my EE pullets have iridescent tail feathers, but the structure of the tail on yours, its stance, and the red portions on the wings are leading me to hesitantly guess male. But it's comb is so small! I'll be interested to see what happens here
smile.png

I would guess boy on that one also. My girls have greenish tail feathers (and I was worried they were boys also) but their tail feathers don't curl downward like yours does and with that and the darker reddish patches on the wing...I'm pretty sure that is a boy. For your sake I hope I'm wrong though.
fl.gif

Thank you seven and bloom. I'm not going to rehome him just yet, I think. **hoping, hoping, hoping***
smile.png

Hi Illory. I hope I'm wrong but I believe your Extra Crispy is a little cockerel. That dark red color on his wings and shoulders is indicative of a male. Of course I'm far from an expert. I've only raised 4 EE's ... 2 of which turned out to be boys. I knew what they were even before they left the brooder... mostly because of the little cockerel stance that they did whenever I took em out of the brooder and interacted with them, but they also had the tell-tale darker red on their wings and shoulders. Does he/she ever hold it's tail straight up in the air or is it always down as in the photos?

Extra crispy is 100% roo. Sorry about that.

Couple of reasons why. The tail is long upright shiny green and curving. Tail set is roo. He is also getting a definate red wing bow. That is the area of darker red looking feathers near the top of his wings. Girls can't get that.

Lanae

Adorkable, s/he sometimes does hold it up. What does that mean? Thanks for your help@
Laurie

Gale, he's a pretty little guy. Yours does have a more prominent comb, though. What does he look like now?
Laurie

Quote:
Thank you. The latest pic I have is this one from 2 weeks ago which is only about 2 weeks after the one above was taken. I didn't realize it's been that long-I will probably take some pictures tomorrow.

2ngvrdf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom