Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Hi, I have a question about my EE, she is 10.5wks old and I've noticed some behavior changes in her. She chases the other pullets somewhat and fluffs up her hackles. I was hoping she is just clarifying her pecking order and not a Roo!?!? What is everyone's opinion looking at her pictures????

This is a pullet for sure. Young pullets frequently chase and raise hackles. I just put 4 new Serama pullets outside in a large cage and the first thing they did was start sparring and chest bumping. Very entertaining, and so glad they don't have spurs! Just sorting out the pecking order.

Hi I saw this thread and need help identifying these two EEs. They are approx the same age, I believe in the 16-18 week range. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Thank you! By the way, how can you tell? I've read through a lot of these posts and I can't tell exactly what makes a roo a roo. I'm giving away this Roo tomorrow
idunno.gif

Thank you! By the way, how can you tell? I've read through a lot of these posts and I can't tell exactly what makes a roo a roo. I'm giving away this Roo tomorrow
idunno.gif
WAIT.... Don't give it away just yet. It looks like a HEN to me, but it's not an EE hen because of the single comb, and the yellow feet. EE usually have pea comb and green/gray feet. At 4-5 months old, I think a rooster would have saddle and heckle feathers already. Yours doesn't look like it has any. I think it's a hen of a different breed. Let's wait for one of the more experienced members in this forum weigh in before you give it away.

idunno.gif
Well a large comb, pointed neck feathers, and dark red on the wings and chest is what I go by to help determine gender. But, are you 100% sure its an Easter Egger?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom