Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Heres a pic of one of the few double tufted EE chicks i hatched out a couple weeks ago! Im so excited about these!

Did you post picture of this chick a week or so ago? If so, it did look like a roo then. If you want to be sure, post new pictures around 6-8 weeks, and include a comb shot.
Yes I did this is a new pic, kinda the same pose. As you can tell I hope he magically turns into a Pullet
1f61c.png
I will give him 2 or 3 more weeks to transform into a beautiful girl or he will have to find a new home! So Sad
1f625.png

Hmm. When I got the bird from the tractor store it was hard to tell because they had dyed them colors (ugh) I was told they were all EE's. I have one that I know is a pullet, one I know is a roo (white, orange, dark reddish, and black feathers), one I am really questioning that's orange and white and the two that I have been told look like Silver laced crosses. The other silver laced cross I really believe is a roo...so much redder comb with points starting then the bird I posted pictures of. I've looked at SLW pics but I cannot find anything similar to the comb other then they can have a pink color at this age. I'm stumped. But fingers crossed this one is an elusive weird pullet cause my husband loves it and we can't have roos because we're in the city.
The only reason I said barred rock was because we bought a SLW from feed store and it ended up being a barred. However in that breed the more black is female the more white is male. Don't quite me :) Yours seems to be equal in color so you are most likely right on you SLW call. There is a thread on here that shows the feather pattern of a SLW. Maybe you can compare. I believe it's on the SLW thread but first few pages. Great example! Good luck !

Yes I did this is a new pic, kinda the same pose. As you can tell I hope he magically turns into a Pullet
1f61c.png
I will give him 2 or 3 more weeks to transform into a beautiful girl or he will have to find a new home! So Sad
1f625.png
I understand. I recently hatched out 3 chicks and all three were boys. Had to give them away to someone who will raise them to be food. Sad. But that's the reality for most boys.

Very cute. What are the parents? Is one of them Araucana?

Thank you! And yes the dad is my blue barred Araucana. Mom is either my blue barred EE, all black EE, or my multi-colored blue EE hen.
Either way all of them are clean faced. But i have 4 chicks with a single or double tuft... I hear that can happen but its not very common..strange to me...

And i sold some of these chicks already before they started growing their tufts... So im sure theres a few lucky people who got a chick or two with tufts
1f61c.png

Back
Top Bottom