Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Looks just like a Pullet! See the even pattern? That's a female EE trait. Splotchy coloring males usually!
That's what I am hoping for! The pattern looked even to me as well, but she looks so dramatically different from her "sisters" that I wondered.
The comb is a bit suspect as well.

It's one big row of peas and two tiny rows. Pinker looking comb than the other two EE's, but I guess that with different parentage, development would vary, right?
Here are the other two, Satchmo and Melissa. Football is the black and white EE in question
smile.png

Looks just like a Pullet! See the even pattern? That's a female EE trait. Splotchy coloring males usually!
That's what I am hoping for! The pattern looked even to me as well, but she looks so dramatically different from her "sisters" that I wondered. The comb is a bit suspect as well. It's one big row of peas and two tiny rows. Pinker looking comb than the other two EE's, but I guess that with different parentage, development would vary, right? Here are the other two, Satchmo and Melissa. Football is the black and white EE in question :)
Unless my eyes are really bad, that comb doesn't look pink at all and I only see one row on comb! :)

Thank you everyone! No need to be sorry though. Its going to work out for everyone! :) Apparently, the woman I got the ee's from had someone call wanting a rooster, and since I'm the only one to call her back with a possibility, she called me this morning. Said she has a bunch of pullet ee's the same age as mine to choose my replacement from! So I'll get to choose the color with minimal guessing! ;) Kinda excited about it. Just wish I'd be able to trade in one of my white silkies for a buff/black/splash or ANY other color! :/ But, since its a TSC chick, its a no go....

Back
Top Bottom