Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I posted a week or so ago and the guesses were cockerel. New Pics at about 6 wks old now, does it look any more favorable for a Pullet??? Fingers crossed!!!!

My questionable baby, my red one, it's vocal range is becoming a screech, so I do believe everyone saying roo is correct because "it" has a loud screech voice, sounds like a pelican lol
This guy

Pullet or roo? Both are 6 weeks old. Thanks! Fingers crossed.

Comparing the two combs- especially that shot where you see them both together, your dark red with black/brown is a rooster, and the cream colored one with a brown/red head could be female. She has a nervously pink comb for six weeks, but by comparison of her brother, it looks alright so far.

I posted a week or so ago and the guesses were cockerel. New Pics at about 6 wks old now, does it look any more favorable for a Pullet??? Fingers crossed!!!!

I remember this one. Comb looks more pullet, coloring looks more cockerel. I say wait and see.
smile.png
Watch the comb. If it doesn't grow and turn red in the next week or two, then you've got a pullet.

I remember this one.  Comb looks more pullet, coloring looks more cockerel.  I say wait and see. :)   Watch the comb.  If it doesn't grow and turn red in the next week or two, then you've got a pullet.
I had heard that most EEs this color turn out to be cockerels but I thought I would see a redder comb by now? I will post pick again in a week or so. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom