Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Hi All,
First of All. I am a newbie. I ordered an Americauna but am told that this is an Easter Egger. Does it look like a Hen or a Roo? Appreciate the help.
Sandra

Hi All,
First of All. I am a newbie. I ordered an Americauna but am told that this is an Easter Egger. Does it look like a Hen or a Roo? Appreciate the help.
Sandra
What a pretty pullet! Yes, she's an Easter Egger, (which are basically a generic mixed ''breed'' that lay colored eggs) most hatcherys sell them as Ameraucanas though. I have an EE (Maple) that looks very much like yours.

Yay for improvement! It took quite awhile for Cinnamon to put hers down, she held it up and hopped for quite a few days.
Same with Scout. She was a Campine, so she was pretty feisty, but she took a while to heal. I was able to put her back with the flock after a couple of weeks, but it took a fairly long time before she was nearly 100% She continued to limp a little when she was in a hurry the rest of her life. I lost her this spring to egg binding. She was my favorite hen so it was a real trauma.

Any opinions on this 5.5 week old cutie? She hatched out as a yellow chipmunk, but has developed slate-ish legs. Has a single comb. The eggs came from a local flock with BR, cuckoo marans, and EE. (don't mind the tiny dinosaur in the back... that's Spruce the hatch mate)

Any opinions on this 5.5 week old cutie? She hatched out as a yellow chipmunk, but has developed slate-ish legs. Has a single comb. The eggs came from a local flock with BR, cuckoo marans, and EE. (don't mind the tiny dinosaur in the back... that's Spruce the hatch mate)

Looks like a pullet. Her comb is very pale, and there are no cockerelish splotches coming in. Pretty girl.

Any thoughts, hens or roos? 7wks.

Zip-

Pepper-

Pip-

Lemonade-

Lucky-

Is Lucky my only hen?

Back
Top Bottom