Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Just checking in with an update. All predictions thus far have been spot on, and I'm going to maintain that the feather "coronas" are definitely an early sign of a male, per my observations.

I do have a shadow of a doubt about this lil' one. I was sure it was a cockerel, but I caught him (?) squatting the other day when I went to pet his back. I'm still feeling roo, but what are

Compared to his full sister from the same hatch:

He's (?) been consistently smaller and much slower to develop than his siblings.
Agree he looks like a cockerel. How old is he?

ok guys these "girls" are now 12 weeks old i REALLY hope their genders are beginning to become apparent GAHHHHHH
ok i need help with only 2...the black and white one and the red and cream one.
red and cream looks rooish colored yet small feet and comb and the black and white one looks kinda rooish too yet small feet and comb. they both have a tail that kind of curls so i'm just all sorts of confused!!!!

the two in the front NOT the roo in the back :)

small combs

do you see any saddle feathers?

strange coloring

ok guys these "girls" are now 12 weeks old i REALLY hope their genders are beginning to become apparent GAHHHHHH
ok i need help with only 2...the black and white one and the red and cream one.
red and cream looks rooish colored yet small feet and comb and the black and white one looks kinda rooish too yet small feet and comb. they both have a tail that kind of curls so i'm just all sorts of confused!!!!

the two in the front NOT the roo in the back :)

small combs

do you see any saddle feathers?

strange coloring
Pullets.

I had ordered 5 ee,s from McM. They are 18 weeks. What is really weird I have white ones but the look like my Jerseys I ordered. The rooster is diffently not a ee because he has a single comb and a lot bigger than my EE,s. But I have two whites that I am not sure because I only ordered five.

2 different shots won't stand still long enough

These two have green legs but not sure because I was told they could be giants. No beards or puffs

I had ordered 5 ee,s from McM. They are 18 weeks. What is really weird I have white ones but the look like my Jerseys I ordered. The rooster is diffently not a ee because he has a single comb and a lot bigger than my EE,s. But I have two whites that I am not sure because I only ordered five.
LL
2 different shots won't stand still long enough
LL
These two have green legs but not sure because I was told they could be giants. No beards or puffs
The white ones could possibly be EE's. Ee don't have to have muffs or beards, green legs, or even lay blue eggs. They just have to cRy the blue egg gene.

Wow, your flock looks very similar to mine :) I have 6 EE, a Silkie, & a few white ones...I was told that my white ones are probably a white rock mix (we hatched the white ones & purchased the rest). Are yours laying yet? Mine are also 18 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom