Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Here is a few updated pics of my EE at 6wks old. Sorry pics aren't so great. Thoughts?

Last edited:
An update on one of the EE and first time pics of another. Thoughts?

Lady Liberty 7.5 weeks. Couldn't get a good comb shot today, but is very small, single row and pale.

"Lucy Lou" in the front. Coloring is nearly identical to Lady Liberty. Comb looks more like 3 rows, but not red yet. About 5 weeks old now.

Lady Liberty 7.5 weeks. Couldn't get a good comb shot today, but is very small, single row and pale.

"Lucy Lou" in the front. Coloring is nearly identical to Lady Liberty. Comb looks more like 3 rows, but not red yet. About 5 weeks old now.
Lady Liberty looks to be a pullet. It's too early yet to say for Lucy Lou.

Lady liberty is a pullet. As Junebuggena said, it's still too early to tell what Lucy lou is. For now, nothing is shouting roo, so I'm going to go with pullet.

Here are two of my young Easter Eggers. They are about 9 weeks old now. If I were to guess I would say the white one is a pullet and the redish one is a cockerel, but I am interested in everyone's opinion.

The white one:

The reddish one:

Thoughts?
The light one looks like mine did at that age.

She had everyone suspecting boy for awhile but she lays a pretty light blue egg.

This really helped me out! I have a Easter Egger and wasn't sure if it was a girl or boy, from the looks of it i have a girl. I will post a picture to see what everyone else thinks.

Very timid as well.

Back
Top Bottom