Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

These are my two beautiful roosters ( I have more than two but I'm sharing these two)

You have some have some handsome roosters.
smile.png

UPDATE 10 weeks now. I am still saying pullet. She/he has some really dark red on the wings which still worries me though

Her/his comb is still pink but not deep red like the known cockerels.

UPDATE 10 weeks now. I am still saying pullet. She/he has some really dark red on the wings which still worries me though

Dark red on the shoulders/wings, on an otherwise silver bird is a sure sign of a cockerel. He's just taking a bit longer to mature than the others.

Cockerel for sure. Aside from the red patches, you can also see the shiny, pointed cock feathers coming in on his back.

This is a Easter Egger/Red Star mix At first I thought was hen, but the comb and waddles are turning red. Would be the one with the face showing. 7 Weeks old.

Quote: That looks like a pullet.

This is a Easter Egger/Red Star mix At first I thought was hen, but the comb and waddles are turning red. Would be the one with the face showing. 7 Weeks old.
The pic is too blurry. The barred bird in the background is much redder (but looks to have pullet feathering) than the one you are questioning. They will turn pink when it's warm. Would need a better pic to be sure on this one, and a side view would also be helpful.

That looks like a pullet.

The pic is too blurry. The barred bird in the background is much redder (but looks to have pullet feathering) than the one you are questioning. They will turn pink when it's warm. Would need a better pic to be sure on this one, and a side view would also be helpful.

I went back out to get more photos, and yes it is getting hot here right now. It is 86'F today.

Back
Top Bottom