Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I've got this chick -- 7 weeks old this week. Coloring makes me think pullet but her comb has started to get a little red. Thoughts? The light is shining a bit on her comb in these pics.

Last edited:
I've got this chick -- 7 weeks old this week. Coloring makes me think pullet but her comb has started to get a little red. Thoughts? The light is shining a bit on her comb in these pics.
I see why tou are suspicious. Looks like it could be a cockerel, wings look darkish, but I'd give it another week to be sure.

I'm back! Lol! It's been a while since I posted but I'm checking back in to see if you guys think our 9 week old bird Kyle is a pullet or cockerel. Most people told me to wait and see when he/she was 5 weeks. What do you think now?

Single comb and really YELLOW legs. You sure this is an EE?? I don't think I would expect blue eggs from her.

So...here is a video of my crazy 5 week old EEs. I posted their pics a few days ago. Now we can maybe watch them grow a bit. Plus they are so cute who could resist?
EE chicks 5-weeks at treat time:

@Wishing4Wings IKR!? They are so greedy. It's a good thing they are so stinking cute. Think it's funny they won't eat the bread unless I'm holding it. I guess it isn't a real "treat" unless it came directly from the hands of the treat fairy lol!!

Single comb and really YELLOW legs. You sure this is an EE??  I don't think I would expect blue eggs from her.

Sadly I don't expect blue eggs from her. She is an EE mix according to our friend that we got her from but definitely not many EE traits!She either has a pea comb or a crazy straight comb. Not really sure. kinda both. Lol! the picture doesn't show it very well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom