Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

@praguirre
nearly 6 months and no crowing? Make sure the nest boxes are open, I see no roosters there.

Which one did you think was a cockerel? Maybe #2 because of the less uniform feather patterning?

@bruceha2000 thank you for your response. Nesting boxes are definitely open for buisness or I should say "box" as they all refuse to lay in any boxes other than one. I was thinking that #4 was actually the boy. It had a red comb at about 5 weeks old. The feathering doesn't look right to me for a roo though. No crowing, but that didn't seem out of the ordinary for me as I have two dominant roosters.

@praguirre

nearly 6 months and no crowing? Make sure the nest boxes are open, I see no roosters there.  

Which one did you think was a cockerel? Maybe #2 because of the less uniform feather patterning?

@bruceha2000 thank you for your response. Nesting boxes are definitely open for buisness or I should say "box" as they all refuse to lay in any boxes other than one. I was thinking that #4 was actually the boy. It had a red comb at about 5 weeks old. The feathering doesn't look right to me for a roo though. No crowing, but that didn't seem out of the ordinary for me as I have two dominant roosters.

The white one is 10-12 weeks old

The two gray ones are 8-9 weeks old.
I have three EE's and need some help sexing them! The suspense Is killing me. What do you think??

Here are some more pictures of my EE. Roo or hen ??
[/IMG][/IMG]

This is pebbles, our only easter egger. S(he) is approx. 13 weeks old, and this is my first time keeping chickens (raised quail as a kid), and just wanted to verify the sex of our bird- we can't have roosters where I am so it is important for noise control. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom