Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

My red girl just as a reminder it's good to wait to prove male/female before you get rid of them.

Attachments

• Motzart 15 weeks 1.jpg
    Motzart 15 weeks 1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 26
Are these Easter Eggers? If not any idea what breed?

Attachments

• IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    728.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0915.JPG
    IMG_0915.JPG
    744.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    717.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0921.JPG
    IMG_0921.JPG
    723.3 KB · Views: 23
The guy in charge of the poultry at my local feed store says they get more sexed EE cockerels returned than any other breed. It may be that they are just harder to vent sex for some reason... perhaps more breed variation. On 2 separate occasions, I have bought 2 sexed pullet EEs to join my laying flock. Both times, one of the EEs was a cockerel. 50% accuracy for me! :(
Interesting. The hatchery where I've gotten mine has only whoopsed one chick total of 24. It was an EE but so were quite a few of the others.

I happen to know someone who is related by marriage to one of the old sexers who trained in Japan. He keeps trying to retire but the demand for experience is too high and they beg him to work. I think we have a big reduction in accuracy coming as folks like him leave.

Interesting. The hatchery where I've gotten mine has only whoopsed one chick total of 24. It was an EE but so were quite a few of the others.

I happen to know someone who is related by marriage to one of the old sexers who trained in Japan. He keeps trying to retire but the demand for experience is too high and they beg him to work. I think we have a big reduction in accuracy coming as folks like him leave.
Yes, I've read that vent sexing is becoming a lost art. Sexlinks and autosexing breeds are going to become very popular, I bet!

Can someone help me out? I have an EE that is 18 weeks old and I'm questioning if it's a hen or cockerel! I just got my 1st blue and green egg today and have 4 total EEs! Thoughts? PLEASE help! (Ignore the leghorn on the bottom right!)

Attachments

• IMG_7332.JPG
    IMG_7332.JPG
    771.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7334.JPG
    IMG_7334.JPG
    739.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7337.JPG
    IMG_7337.JPG
    714.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7338.JPG
    IMG_7338.JPG